Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I don't understand why people find mounting the horn so hard to figure out. There is only one possibility within reach of the connection.

I think it does good on temps
95 degree day
OEM temp +10 degrees just cruising
OEM +~60 for 1,2,3 gear pull

Mountune,, 95 degree day
+5 degrees cruising
+15 degrees 1,2,3 gear pull

Seems pretty reasonable to me. Also I am not a fan of the few rows behind the crash bar but doesn't seem to hurt anything, IMO

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey guys I need some help. I need a better picture or explanation of which bolts go where and with what spacers/washers for the mounting brackets.... I fully agree with everything said here, the instructions are missing some important pieces.

Thanks!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Okay, so will the end result leave both horns mounted but only 1 plugged in. I have a 2015 Model and there's no way in hell to bring the horn plug from the drivers side to the passenger side.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Okay, so will the end result leave both horns mounted but only 1 plugged in. I have a 2015 Model and there's no way in hell to bring the horn plug from the drivers side to the passenger side.
Never mind, I figured out another way.
WP_20150927_01_50_00_Pro.jpg WP_20150927_01_50_07_Pro.jpg
Basically I took the horn bracket from the passenger side and installed it as is but attached the horn a different way. For the driver side, I attached the horn to the same spot, but the hooks on the horn are not touching all the way, I just have the tension from tightening the bolt keeping it in place.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Never mind, I figured out another way.
View attachment 112174 View attachment 112175
Basically I took the horn bracket from the passenger side and installed it as is but attached the horn a different way. For the driver side, I attached the horn to the same spot, but the hooks on the horn are not touching all the way, I just have the tension from tightening the bolt keeping it in place.
So I just purchased the b1 pakcage from mountune for my '16 focus st. Is there anything I need to know that's no in the instructions before I jump in next weekend

21 - 26 of 26 Posts