Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my 2014 ST3 about 6 months ago, upgraded from an SE where I had to use the fob/key for everything.

The Intelligent Access system is cool, leave the fob in pocket 99% of the time. Sweet!

I ready through the owner's manual, even the revised version online and never got a solid answer to some questions about the IA system.

I have a black dot on both front door handles, and from what I've read, I should be able to lock/unlock the car from at least the front handles, some say rears also, but unconfirmed if there was a build date change on that. If someone knows for certain when aspects of the IA system changed, please chime in!

So, I can only lock/unlock from the driver's handle, and I can open the truck when the car is locked from the liftgate release. It seems to work 100% from those two handles, and absolutely no response from any other handles at all.

I found the setting to unlock all doors from the single handle pull as shown in the manual and guides I've located, that works fine.

Am I missing a setting? This should work as I'm expecting, right? Passenger should work exactly the same as driver side, grab handle to unlock, press black dot to lock all doors?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
Bought my 2014 ST3 about 6 months ago, upgraded from an SE where I had to use the fob/key for everything.

The Intelligent Access system is cool, leave the fob in pocket 99% of the time. Sweet!

I ready through the owner's manual, even the revised version online and never got a solid answer to some questions about the IA system.

I have a black dot on both front door handles, and from what I've read, I should be able to lock/unlock the car from at least the front handles, some say rears also, but unconfirmed if there was a build date change on that. If someone knows for certain when aspects of the IA system changed, please chime in!

So, I can only lock/unlock from the driver's handle, and I can open the truck when the car is locked from the liftgate release. It seems to work 100% from those two handles, and absolutely no response from any other handles at all.

I found the setting to unlock all doors from the single handle pull as shown in the manual and guides I've located, that works fine.

Am I missing a setting? This should work as I'm expecting, right? Passenger should work exactly the same as driver side, grab handle to unlock, press black dot to lock all doors?

Thanks!
Works that way on mine; I have an early build 2013.

Reactions: itsjustdibella

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
That is how it works on mine... no limited like yours is.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you guys unlock from the back doors or front only?

I believe my car was brought up to date with recalls before I bought it, that would mean the door handle recalls were done, door panels pulled, etc. Think I should go looking for unhooked handle wires in the passenger door?

·
Registered
43 Posts
2017 ST3

I can unlock/lock all doors using both front handles. I can unlock the trunk with the trunk handle. Nothing interesting with the back doors that I'm aware of.

·
Registered
110 Posts
2017 ST3

I can unlock/lock all doors using both front handles. I can unlock the trunk with the trunk handle. Nothing interesting with the back doors that I'm aware of.

Correct. Front doors and gate only (both front doors lock and unlock all 5 doors). Also, it doesn't unlock on handle pull. It unlocks when it senses your hand between the door and handle just in time for you to actually pull the handle.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have trouble with the unlock function when I am dehydrated. For example if I go for a run on my lunch hour, I usually can't unlock the dang car afterwards and have to fish out the keyfob. Other than that, seems to work quite well.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Only my fronts work, both Driver's and Passengers unlock when it detects my hand behind the handle and lock with a touch of the dot. Rears don't do anything. 2014 ST3

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds like I may go digging for loose cables in the door when I install the component speaker upgrades on the shelf. ARTIFICIAL MOTIVATION!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was unaware of this feature. I've had my 2014 ST (ST3) for over a month.

I confirmed that I can unlock all door from my front door handles as well as unlock my hatch when attempting to open it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
On my '16 the driver's door handle unlocks just that door or if I touch the black spot it unlocks all five doors. I rarely open the front passenger door first but I would think it's the same for that one.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Mine unlocks from both handles, hatch and rear doors, early 2013 also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: snakeoctavia

·
Registered
393 Posts
My 13 locks/unlocks with the front. Unlocks with the backs. Then of course the rear handle can unlock the hatch without bothering the other doors

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Sounds like I may go digging for loose cables in the door when I install the component speaker upgrades on the shelf. ARTIFICIAL MOTIVATION!
So when you hit the lock or unlock buttons on either the interior door lock switch or the lock buttons on the fob, the rear doors don't function? Because if the rear doors ever lock or unlock, then there is nothing disconnected.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So when you hit the lock or unlock buttons on either the interior door lock switch or the lock buttons on the fob, the rear doors don't function? Because if the rear doors ever lock or unlock, then there is nothing disconnected.
The IA portion of the handle functions from the passenger side are the only things not working.

All lock functions act normally with the exception of the ability to perform IA functions from the passenger front handle(or rears if those are supposed to function to unlock via IA ).

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
The IA portion of the handle functions from the passenger side are the only things not working.

All lock functions act normally with the exception of the ability to perform IA functions from the passenger front handle(or rears if those are supposed to function to unlock via IA ).
Sorry, I misunderstood, I though only the rear doors were not unlocking from the proximity key...

Then it would be possible for the passenger side sensor to be either disconnected or defective(or wiring in the car to it could also be damaged) with everything working normally except for passive unlocking from only the passenger door.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry, I misunderstood, I though only the rear doors were not unlocking from the proximity key...

Then it would be possible for the passenger side sensor to be either disconnected or defective(or wiring in the car to it could also be damaged) with everything working normally except for passive unlocking from only the passenger door.
As I said in my first post, the dealer just did the recall on latches. Perhaps something was left unplugged... So I'm chasing wires, as I said.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
As I said in my first post, the dealer just did the recall on latches. Perhaps something was left unplugged... So I'm chasing wires, as I said.
Yeah, the connector for the door handle would definitely be the first place I would check. Wouldn't put it past any dealer worker, I've seen them forget so manu simple things.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts