Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST3
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 13' ST with roughly 83,000 miles and now have roughly 86,000 miles. I have a straight pipe from cat-back with a stock downpipe and experience an abnormal amount of soot on my hatch and bumper after each drive. I knew this would happen and have accepted it but would cleaning my intake valves help at all? I realized the intake valves have probably not been cleaned so they are most likely filthy.

·
Registered
499 Posts
If you are catless, this is definitely going to happen no matter what. Since these cars are DI it's generally recommended to get walnut blasted every 50-60k or so. Or run full E on aux to clean em good

Sent from my IN2020 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Ford Focus ST
487 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,616 Posts
The soot buildup on the back is normal and theres nothing you can or should try to do about it

·
Administrator
12,714 Posts
The soot buildup on the back is normal and theres nothing you can or should try to do about it
Well he could ceramic coat the back area, for easier cleaning, lmfao!!!!

Yeah it's a byproduct of our direct injection. We get a bit sooty. Even more when catless, lol.

Heck my Edge Sport is sooty too, but the exhaust stops before the bumper cutout tip thingys, so it mitigates it.

Reactions: TurboGT
1 - 5 of 5 Posts