Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the cobb intake (actual intake tube, not the filter) add any more sound than the stock one if both are run with a closed airbox? thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
It would probably add minimal sound on the stock airbox unless you get an open ended filter like the green filter or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
It would probably add minimal sound on the stock airbox unless you get an open ended filter like the green filter or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I highly doubt it. Either go full intake or just do a drop in filter with the lid off (that is what I do). Plenty of threads on that.

·
Registered
352 Posts
FYI, don't expect to hear much with an open air box. I cut the top of mine out similar to the RS box and all I hear is the engine "breathing." I was expecting something like my old '04 VW R32, but there's no real "roar" like a naturally aspirated engine.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
FYI, don't expect to hear much with an open air box. I cut the top of mine out similar to the RS box and all I hear is the engine "breathing." I was expecting something like my old '04 VW R32, but there's no real "roar" like a naturally aspirated engine.
That breathing noise is exactly what should be expected of that mod, and any intake mod usually. You wanna hear the suction of the intake. It's cool until you realize exhaust and turbo noises are better, now I hardly notice my intake sound.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts