Ford Focus ST Forum banner

101 - 120 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Quick reply since I'm at work. One of my friends lives in the same area as cpe so he picked up my intake today. I'll be installing it this weekend and I'll let you guys know how it goes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Alrighty, intake has been installed. It fits pretty damn good, no complaints at all. Significant difference in sound now, can actually hear the turbo doing things and the stock bov working.

I've gotta say, installing an intake on our cars is a bit of a pain in the rear compaired to other vehicles I have worked on in the past. Removing the wiper arms is interesting, I ended up using a two leg pullie puller to get them off. I purchased a windshield wiper arm puller from advanced (like $13) and it didn't come close to fitting.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just followed the directions basically. I also installed a Cobb downpipe at the same time so it wasn't too bad over all. 1st time really getting into things on one of these.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Still waiting on mine to apparently ship??

·
Registered
881 Posts
^ im not super surprised about this considering cpe's response was basically youll get your intakes sometimes this year

·
Registered
54 Posts
I ordered a month ago, nothing noting they were out of stock and was informed they "might" ship next week. This will be the last product I order from this company as it really doesn't matter how good of a product you can produce if you struggle to communicate and you have horrible production and distribution.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The red intakes are on the racks ready to be coated. We will update again once they are done and ready to ship
I certainly hope mine is NOT with that current batch awaiting powder coat as I was told by one of your dealers mine was shipping from you today.

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
How much and how long would it take to have one for a 2016 powder coated in MM? Thinking of either doing red or in MM.
MM is a paint color... you'd have to find a powder that is similar enough that you'd be happy... then hope they are even interested in tracking it down and buying it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
MM is a paint color... you'd have to find a powder that is similar enough that you'd be happy... then hope they are even interested in tracking it down and buying it.
Yeah I changed my mind. I bought a red one from CJPP and got it for 375. CPE site had it for 415 + shipping. Bought the ford racing exhaust too!

CJPP did tell me that the race red intake is currently on back order and that they were told end of july it would be back in stock

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
Yeah I changed my mind. I bought a red one from CJPP and got it for 375. CPE site had it for 415 + shipping. Bought the ford racing exhaust too!

CJPP did tell me that the race red intake is currently on back order and that they were told end of july it would be back in stock
by the way this conversation has been in this thread you may get it by next year..LOL

its a badass intake though, if it gave me 1 hp I would consider it, but I couldnt justify spending that much money on something that did nothing for me. However, that FRPP exhaust is awesome. I love my magnaflow, but i wish I have like 5 different exhaust systems I could swap out every couple months to get something different.

101 - 120 of 122 Posts