Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
159 Posts
Find a local agent that is independent so you can shop rates with multiple companies. That's going to be your best bet.
This is great advice. So much depends on where you live that's it's hard to get a reliable answer from anyone. Another word of advice is that after you have had insurance for a while try going to another insurer for a better rate especially if they rate hike you. But don't threaten to leave if you aren't willing to back it up. I've never paid over 100.00 for any insurance I've ever had so keep that record spotless! It pays.

The st is one of the cheapest to insure of cars that are this caliber. According to my State Farm agent it's because the agencies don't view it as any type of sports car(i.e. Not two door, convertible, and under 300hp plus other factors). Heck when I got the tag it wasn't even in the system so it got registered as an s so taxes were cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
159 Posts
No way in hell will OP get anywhere near $100 a month. I really doubt it will be under 200 a month.

You want to talk expensive insurance? Try a 16 year old with a big block '66 Mustang. It was over $200 a month back in the 90's. And that's with a good student discount.

Sent from a new potato
Mustangs can be bad. I was quoted 340 when I was 20 for a new gt. But depending on where he lives like BFE Alabama it could seriously be around $200 maybe less if he went with and st1. It's a 24k car that's in the same category as a turbo fusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.