Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Tomorrow is the big day.

Will be installing my Stratified ATP GTX2867r kit with Cpe-E BOV with HKS.

Anyone have any words of wisdom? Things i should be afraid of etc?

Will be doing this on jack stands with my old man.. Hopefully won't be super dooper difficult.

Any advise is welcome and much appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'm paying to get mine done lol just don't have the time. Just be patient and don't rush it.

·
Registered
862 Posts
It's not bad at all just take your time it's pretty straight forward once you do it a time or two it's just second nature. The only thing I can cay is make sure all of your connections are tight and make sure that you route the bcs lines correctly.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi Guys,

Tomorrow is the big day.

Will be doing this on jack stands with my old man.. Hopefully won't be super dooper difficult.

Thanks!
Took me about 12 hours on a lift to do mines. With the lift we had to constantly bring it up and down. So, I can only imagine how not fun doing it on your back will be.
The long part isnt the swap of turbos. Its the routing of lines, fitting the cold pipe and hot pipe. My screws on my heatshield were also stripped. A bunch of small things kept popping up. Just be prepared to put some hours into it.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Took me about 12 hours on a lift to do mines. With the lift we had to constantly bring it up and down. So, I can only imagine how not fun doing it on your back will be.
The long part isnt the swap of turbos. Its the routing of lines, fitting the cold pipe and hot pipe. My screws on my heatshield were also stripped. A bunch of small things kept popping up. Just be prepared to put some hours into it.
I have swapped out a few different turbos on my st and I got it to where I can do it on my back in my drive way in around 5 hours if I am not ****ing around.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Its a ***** but common sense to swap. ****ing area is tight as hell so use lube lol

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hi Guys,

Tomorrow is the big day.

Thanks!
Well... how did it go?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ran out of time on Tuesday. Started at 830 had to stop at 630.. But new turbo is in. Oil and coolant lines done. Just need to wrap my head around how the BOV and intake go back in

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's all installed now but looks like the oil feed line is faulty Leaking from the seal.. going to have to get a new one :(

·
Registered
406 Posts
Who you tuned by?

·
Registered
306 Posts
any thing to add on advice? my install date is very close and just want it to be smooth

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
So its finally in and the power delivery is so amazing and linear!

Had one issue with a faulty Oil feed line from ATP but got a new custom one made up
From your experience, does this turbo have substanial more power in the upper rpm band compared to the oem?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a 2867r installed and can say it pulls nicely to red line. Night and day difference in top end power compared to the stock turbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts