Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got the facelift done to my car and I am having a problem inserting the hid bulbs from diode dynamic into the headlight socket. Could someone tell me what I am missing or doing wrong?

·
Registered
503 Posts
What model/size bulb? D8S or D3S? Build types matter, as some require a notch to be cut for proper fitament.

Check this thread too:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What model/size bulb? D8S or D3S? Build types matter, as some require a notch to be cut for proper fitament.

Check this thread too:

Sorry for the last response, but the bulb is D3S. At first I purchased some morimoto 4500k bulbs, but I was not liking the output of them. It seems three notches are needed for them to fit. I was just hoping the bulbs from diode dynamic had the notches made already.

·
Registered
298 Posts
The d3s bulb uses only one notch for alignment. The other three square blocks on the back side of the projector are shorter and the bulb actually butts up to them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, so I just put the bulb in place and it stays there?. I looked at the older 2013 hid bulbs and they have a black locking ring around them. I'll try it out later

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts