Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the new IC and stage 1 tune I figured I need to upgrade the BPV or install a BOV. This last weekend boomba ran the labor day sale so I picked up the adjustable BPV and Manifold spacer.

I tried the single set screw removal and could not hear a swoosh at all with the windows up ... so right to removing all three and now I can hear the swooosh. Not as loud as the regular BOV but enough to make me smile on the inside.

with three set screws out you can hear it in the cab faintly ... once it breaks in I might dial it down and insert one of the three set screws. If I get a chance I will take some video/audio tomorrow
Nice to have the option for full BPV or BOV :wink:

IMG_0344.JPG

IMG_0343.JPG

·
Premium Member
2,375 Posts
With the new IC and stage 1 tune I figured I need to upgrade the BPV or install a BOV. This last weekend boomba ran the labor day sale so I picked up the adjustable BPV and Manifold spacer.

I tried the single set screw removal and could not hear a swoosh at all with the windows up ... so right to removing all three and now I can hear the swooosh. Not as loud as the regular BOV but enough to make me smile on the inside.

with three set screws out you can hear it in the cab faintly ... once it breaks in I might dial it down and insert one of the three set screws. If I get a chance I will take some video/audio tomorrow
Nice to have the option for full BPV or BOV :wink:

View attachment 274690

View attachment 274682
Were you able to remove the additional set screws with the BPV installed on the car or did you have to remove to do so?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention -->
@<a href="http://www.focusst.org/forum/member.php?u=81410" target="_blank">deeprecon1</a>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention --> anyway you could do a real quick video with sound windows up and down? Addressing the weak stock unit is my next step on my Stage 1 car...
Windows up Small pulls to third gear I tried windows down but the quality sucked will need to reshoot later today

Outside

·
Registered
70 Posts

Nice to have the option for full BPV or BOV

View attachment 274690

View attachment 274682
Were you able to remove the additional set screws with the BPV installed on the car or did you have to remove to do so?

Reviving for possible answer?

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Set screws are on the outter part... guess if you have small hands you dont have to take the whole thing out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts