Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
18x8 5x108 (5x4.25) 42mm. Full specs with part #'s and other sizes/colors: Ultraform - Konig Wheels

Per Konig, they weigh 17.71 lbs. I weighed them on our bathroom digital scale and they showed 18.2 lbs each time. I can't say if our scale is calibrated for lower weights or not, but that is within 1/2 lb and good enough for me. They are flow formed which supposedly slots between cast and forged in terms of strength.
"Flow Forming Technology involves the application of pressure to the inner barrel of the wheel, while spinning and after it has been casted. This process stretches and compresses the aluminum, which increases tensile strength. In this respect the process shares similar properties to those found in the forging process. The final product is lighter, stronger, has increased elongation, and a much greater shock resistance as well as an increased load capacity over regular cast wheels."

I purchased them for $175.65 each and black lugs for $2 each from Extreme Customs - Tires, Wheels, Packages, Lifts, Accessories with free shipping. My order was placed on Thursday night, and they arrived on Wednesday. I was originally going to go with Rennforms, but they are apparently unavailable for another 2 months or so. I asked them to see if the Ultraforms were available, and they were. So I went with the Ultraforms instead. They don't show up on their website yet, so I recommend calling to inquire or order if interested.

The center caps are aluminum and held on by hex bolts that are screwed into the wheel face to allow them to be removed easily for track events. The Konig center logo on the cap is an adhesive disc that is optional and could be replaced by a custom adhesive center logo of your choice.

Anyway, onto the pictures. Mounted on stock suspension with 235/40/18

·
Registered
484 Posts
Just ordered these in the 19x8.5, pretty psyched. Gonna have them powder coated before the install, probably a red color or copper look, haven't decided yet. OW 2015 is what they'll be going on. Such a great price on these light wheels, the 19s are advertised at 19.8 lbs, which is way better than virtually every wheel at this size and price point. Konig has it figured out. They look nice against that white ST, nice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The lightness, strength, and price point make these a great value. The design isn't all that inspiring or flashy, so perhaps that keeps them low on other owners' wishlists. I think with your 8.5" width, you'll get a little concave look to the spoke area, and they'll be quite unique in red or copper!

·
Registered
32 Posts
The lightness, strength, and price point make these a great value. The design isn't all that inspiring or flashy, so perhaps that keeps them low on other owners' wishlists. I think with your 8.5" width, you'll get a little concave look to the spoke area, and they'll be quite unique in red or copper!
Aside from the lug nuts, did you have to use hub rings for the install? Or was it pretty much a straight out of the box install?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aside from the lug nuts, did you have to use hub rings for the install? Or was it pretty much a straight out of the box install?
I did not use any centering rings. They centered up fine without any issues with the lug nuts. I progressively torque them down with the wheel suspended, and then do the final torquing with the wheels on the ground. No vibrations or balance issues for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts