Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Slapped on the Cobb RMM today.

Cranking first time was very interesting. Started right up, RPM began to drop to normal idle (~950-1000 for me, haven't checked with AP3 yet). The vibration began to grow as the revs settled, car was shakin' fierce.

To be honest, I was surprised how much vibration there was; and I've driven some stiff street and race cars.

It vibrates at idle with the AC (but isn't horrible), vibration intensifies as you depress the clutch and prepare to launch. It seemed to chill out a little after warming up. The way the vibrations are behaving in regards to speed and intensity makes me think that NVH will get better after the bushing loosens up a bit.

Pros:
- Got rid of the bucking that can happen in 1st-2nd
- Car feels more connected, both to itself, and the road
- Acceleration is smoother
- More confident exiting corners
- Shifting is smoother

Cons:
- It makes your car vibrate pretty bad for a few minutes, then just kind of bad.

I can add to the review after some more seat time.

And I might have an E-mount for sale soon if the Cobb settles down enough.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Yeah, give it a little time to break in. Also when the bushings get "warm" they loosen up a bit.

Reactions: CBStrick

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hated the COBB RMM and switched to the CPE stage 2... 100x better and totally worth the added cost.
Seems like a good number of people are saying that from what I've read. I had already bought the Cobb though, it's been sitting in my trunk for about 2 months waiting for me.

@elyk864 I'm in Alabama, so surface asphalt temps were probably around 130*-140*

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Seems like a good number of people are saying that from what I've read. I had already bought the Cobb though, it's been sitting in my trunk for about 2 months waiting for me.

@elyk864 I'm in Alabama, so surface asphalt temps were probably around 130*-140*
Cool, you have some heat also. Maybe not Arizona heat though lol.

·
Registered
196 Posts
It'll settle down. I was pretty shocked by the Cobb RMM when I first installed it, but it really isn't noticeable anymore.

Reactions: CBStrick

·
Registered
304 Posts
I was shocked with the Mountune RMM, then after about 500 miles of driving, all the issues you listed above went away. There is only a slight difference in Idle NVH with AC on now, but it is definitely not bad. Give it time, it'll settle.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I had the CFM adjustable RMM on my last ST. I combined it with the Steeda passenger side mount and liked that combo. Very little NVH and did the job well for street use. However it appears that CFM doesn't offer the 68 durometer adjustable anymore. Only 85 durometer. So... I will try the mountune this time around.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's already A LOT better after one day of driving. I never knew such a simple part could change the dynamics of the car so much. It feels much tighter and planted.

So, who wants my e-mount?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts