Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally was able to get the tires mounted on my stock wheels, and put a few miles on them. So far, they have been very impressive. I had the F1s originally, and only put 4k miles on them, so this isn't a review of worn out vs brand new. I was never happy with the F1's straight line traction, and I'm just not a Goodyear fan in general. 4 of the last 5 sets of GY tires I've owned, have been disappointing. I don't think the F1s are a bad tire, but I knew there was room for improvement.

I've always been a Michelin fan, and planned to install PSS tires, until I saw they were releasing the PS4S this winter. I was between the 235/40 and 245/40 PSS tires, but these only come in 245, so that's what I went with. They fit the stock wheels very well, and most wouldn't ever know they weren't the stock size (slight bit more sidewall). They have nice rim protection, just not as pronounced as the Goodyears. Road noise was initially high, until I put a few miles on them, and now they are very comparable to the F1s. Turn in seems pretty good, but it is tough to do a direct comparison to the F1s, as I'm coming off of a set of Blizzaks from the winter. I will post pics once I can get the car cleaned up. Been raining on and off here the last several days. They do like to pick up rocks, and also scrub/skip in full lock turns when cold, but this is common for any of the Michelin Pilot Sport series tires that I've owned over the years. It was around 60* yesterday, and I couldn't believe how soft the tires were after driving 50 miles. No wonder they stick so well. Straight line traction is a definite improvement. With the stock tune, they will hold WOT in 1st gear. I have no doubt, they will hold 2nd, with a tune. Will be interested to see how they wear. They have a 30k mile warranty, and the place I go is good about honoring it, as long as they don't find rubber in your wheel wells. I will update this thread as I put more miles on them as well.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha, sorry about that. There were a few that had messaged me, after I posted about having them on order a while back, and it was easier than replying individually. I will have pics this weekend. We are just getting out of winter here in MI.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Haha, sorry about that. There were a few that had messaged me, after I posted about having them on order a while back, and it was easier than replying individually. I will have pics this weekend. We are just getting out of winter here in MI.
Brad I have been waiting for pics, but I finally just decided to go for it

They are getting mounted up right now, going to pick them up this afternoon, will post pics then

·
Registered
107 Posts
I love the initial turn in. No more wait a second for the tires to respond. They don't fell like they bottom out on big bumps. Though I Ron the pilot super sports on my mustang and know how good the Michelins are. I know they will be better in the rain too

Attachments

·
Registered
593 Posts
Finally was able to get the tires mounted on my stock wheels, and put a few miles on them. So far, they have been very impressive. I had the F1s originally, and only put 4k miles on them, so this isn't a review of worn out vs brand new. I was never happy with the F1's straight line traction, and I'm just not a Goodyear fan in general. 4 of the last 5 sets of GY tires I've owned, have been disappointing. I don't think the F1s are a bad tire, but I knew there was room for improvement.

I've always been a Michelin fan, and planned to install PSS tires, until I saw they were releasing the PS4S this winter. I was between the 235/40 and 245/40 PSS tires, but these only come in 245, so that's what I went with. They fit the stock wheels very well, and most wouldn't ever know they weren't the stock size (slight bit more sidewall). They have nice rim protection, just not as pronounced as the Goodyears. Road noise was initially high, until I put a few miles on them, and now they are very comparable to the F1s. Turn in seems pretty good, but it is tough to do a direct comparison to the F1s, as I'm coming off of a set of Blizzaks from the winter. I will post pics once I can get the car cleaned up. Been raining on and off here the last several days. They do like to pick up rocks, and also scrub/skip in full lock turns when cold, but this is common for any of the Michelin Pilot Sport series tires that I've owned over the years. It was around 60* yesterday, and I couldn't believe how soft the tires were after driving 50 miles. No wonder they stick so well. Straight line traction is a definite improvement. With the stock tune, they will hold WOT in 1st gear. I have no doubt, they will hold 2nd, with a tune. Will be interested to see how they wear. They have a 30k mile warranty, and the place I go is good about honoring it, as long as they don't find rubber in your wheel wells. I will update this thread as I put more miles on them as well.
Bringing this thread back because I have had mine on for 500 miles and I absolutely love them! I try to break them, but dang it's hard. Road noise is minimal, turning Gs is pretty unreal (Although the F1s weren't THAT bad), straight line performance is what really shows me where the performance comes in because the F1s couldn't walk straight without slipping.

One thing I do love is the feel of the tires on the road. I've read reviews, but now that I've driven on them myself compared to my F1s, you can really actually feel the response of these tires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts