Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas? Boost leak? A friend of mine just got an AP and is only hitting 18psi. My car has Cobb stage 1 and I'm around 22psi

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could someone put those datalogs in vdyno with a total 3700lbs of weight for the car? Can't get vdyno to work on my computer.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Did you install a symoposer delete? If you did check that for a leak. Somebody else did only hit 18 or so and was slow at the 1/4 considering the mods. He finally checked that and it was loose, car runs mid 13's @102 or so like it's suppose too given the mods.

·
Registered
45 Posts
No symposer delete, yet anyways. I just have it unplugged

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Symposer could be leaking still... the factory units can leak

2-3psi of boost leak isn't much though, i have a hard time believing it is a leak with only 2-3psi or drop I had a very small leak and it was an 10psi drop.

1 option: replace charge pipe bolts with high end T-bolts

Testing: get a water bottle and fill it full of bubble solution, soap and water ;) spray it on all the charge pipe connections and while someone is watching them and checking for bubbles start the car and run the throttle up.

the intercooler damaged at all? could be leaking itself

·
Registered
45 Posts
Im in central California, between Fresno and Modesto. I checked all the clamps between the intake/intercooler/turbo. All is good. Intercooler was new from levels performance installed in April. I'll have to check with soap and water and see if I can see anything

·
Registered
45 Posts
Also, installed a stratified tune. Still averaging 18-19, most I've seen is 20.25

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
still have a minor boost leak... tighten the T-bolts down hard... like really hard. I am assuming a connection on the Levels isn't tight enough, but check them all from the turbo to the FMIC and then to the intake manifold. Maybe the air sensor on the Levels? did it get sealed correctly? I normally put just a small amount of grease on the o-ring so it slides in and seals properly.

Run soap and water tests on all connections.

Would love to know what is causing it so please report back when you figure it out.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
If he is pulling any timing due to fuel or plugs or something he won't hit as high of a peak at times. Yesterday I did a run and only peaked at like 19.6 and I pulled -1.2 and -0.72 on 2 cylinders. Did another run and didn't pull any timing and peaked at 23.2.

Stratified 93 tune.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
If he is pulling any timing due to fuel or plugs or something he won't hit as high of a peak at times. Yesterday I did a run and only peaked at like 19.6 and I pulled -1.2 and -0.72 on 2 cylinders. Did another run and didn't pull any timing and peaked at 23.2.

Stratified 93 tune.
Should show in the data logs.....

if you are running good fuel and 93octane on a 93 tune then you shouldn't have an issue there. Can help it out by adding a bottle of Octane booster, dumping it in your next two tanks, along with good fuel it should eliminate that issue, if it is the issue.

Also you might just go talk to your tuner if you haven't already ;)

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Should show in the data logs.....

if you are running good fuel and 93octane on a 93 tune then you shouldn't have an issue there. Can help it out by adding a bottle of Octane booster, dumping it in your next two tanks, along with good fuel it should eliminate that issue, if it is the issue.

Also you might just go talk to your tuner if you haven't already ;)
Was that advice to me or OP? I'm attributing my issue to be most likely spark plugs needing regapped since they are past due. I'm just too lazy to do it one of these weekdays

1 - 20 of 36 Posts