Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was curious what option do I chose to put car back to stock on accessport is it's stage 0 or do I go into troubleshoot and change ecu back to stock? Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
If you mean going in to have a dealer inspect the car, then you definitely need to bring ecu back to stock. Even then its been advised you go through various start/stop cycles after removing tune before seeing a dealer.

Stage 0 is to emulate stock, but it is still a tune.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I believe you want to un-marry the AP which will flash the stock tune back to the ECU. Then you want to try and drive around for about a week (or as many start/stop cycles as possible) before you take it in.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe you want to un-marry the AP which will flash the stock tune back to the ECU. Then you want to try and drive around for about a week (or as many start/stop cycles as possible) before you take it in.
So unmarry it now and unplug it and drive it for the rest of the month I plan on bringing in the last Saturday of the month if I follow this passing should not be a problem?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Is this the same for CA smog check? I've been thinking about that lately and wondering how the CA guys are passing smog.

CrashMW

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
So unmarry it now and unplug it and drive it for the rest of the month I plan on bringing in the last Saturday of the month if I follow this passing should not be a problem?
That is about right. As others have stated is this for smog or dealer work? Do you have any other mods that such as aftermarket intake, catless downpipe, even an after market catted downpipe? If it is for smog you will want those to go back to stock, if not then don't worry about those items.

Generally unmarrying and removing the AP and then driving around for a week+ is enough cycles to have the computer re-calibrate your ECU to show stock numbers and have you pass smog.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Just to comment, The 'cycle' is not just a stop engine off and restart.
The cycle is from COLD, then a variety of events, including a period of steady driving,
and at least one hard acceleration (like a long on ramp)
So remember this. (the actual series of required events can be found by Google.
But just sayin' it is somewhat more than just a simple start turn car off/on start series

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
it really shouldn't matter that much in less they have a reason to dig into the ECU they will never know. are you taking it in for a reason for them to dig around and possibly find a tune? otherwise a day or two of normally daily driving will be more than enough and a week would be considered excessive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts