Premium Member
2014 Focus ST ST3.
443 Posts
talk to @rob99rt he will give you info.

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
688 Posts
I have had one in the car for about 1100 miles now and while it does seem to have a touch more vibration at idle than my urethane filled stock mount (it's still barely noticeable), it does control wheelhop MUCH better. The mount seems to be built pretty well and the welds looked fine, too. I've driven my wife around a few times in the car (as well as the kids), and none of them have mentioned anything at all about vibrations or noise. I haven't had to turn up the radio any higher than normal (usually on 9 when driving to work). I have noticed at one point in the rev range (maybe 1300-1500... somewhere in there), as I'm accelerating slightly I'll get a bit of noise transferred back through the cabin, but it's so fast nobody has mentioned it and it's only ever in 1st gear. I think it's just some kind of resonance transferred through the stiffer mount. It was there a little bit before, but now it's just a touch louder.

I think @TurboGT got one as well in the last couple weeks, so he may have some good feedback to help you in your decision also.

Good luck.

ETA: Just like TurboGT, I got the 75A model.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have had one in the car for about 1100 miles now and while it does seem to have a touch more vibration at idle than my urethane filled stock mount (it's still barely noticeable), it does control wheelhop MUCH better. The mount seems to be built pretty well and the welds looked fine, too. I've driven my wife around a few times in the car (as well as the kids), and none of them have mentioned anything at all about vibrations or noise. I haven't had to turn up the radio any higher than normal (usually on 9 when driving to work). I have noticed at one point in the rev range (maybe 1300-1500... somewhere in there), as I'm accelerating slightly I'll get a bit of noise transferred back through the cabin, but it's so fast nobody has mentioned it and it's only ever in 1st gear. I think it's just some kind of resonance transferred through the stiffer mount. It was there a little bit before, but now it's just a touch louder.

I think @TurboGT got one as well in the last couple weeks, so he may have some good feedback to help you in your decision also.

Good luck.
Thank you for the feedback.

·
1,556 Posts
Yeah i got mine on a couple weeks ago (the 75a model), probably put 750 or so miles on it. I'm easily annoyed by NVH. The mount wasnt bad at first but i did notice the increase in NVH. After a few days i did notice a slight break-in which has it toned down to an almost unnoticeable level. As Rob said, one quick spot of interior drone that you sometimes notice on takeoff but it is fast and almost unnoticeable if you're running an aftermarket exhaust anyway.

Otherwise its been a great mount that performs really well. I'd buy it again.

Reactions: jwuonog and rob99rt

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
688 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one who has that touch of drone on take-off. Wonder if that happens with other aftermarket mounts on the ST?

·
1,556 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one who has that touch of drone on take-off. Wonder if that happens with other aftermarket mounts on the ST?
Im sure they all do, i think at that rpm the engine vibrates more than the balance shaft is able to compensate for and because of that, any stiffer mount would transfer that into the body. I feel it on cold start right when the engine kicks over as well, for that split second.

Reactions: rob99rt

·
Registered
10 Posts
Im sure they all do, i think at that rpm the engine vibrates more than the balance shaft is able to compensate for and because of that, any stiffer mount would transfer that into the body. I feel it on cold start right when the engine kicks over as well, for that split second.
Hey lads

wondering how that innovative mount is settling

you both mentioned NVH but I was wondering how torque steer and wheel hop are managed?

I’ve just fitted a DM RMM to mine and though the car is planted the vibes are just awful

·
1,556 Posts
Hey lads

wondering how that innovative mount is settling

you both mentioned NVH but I was wondering how torque steer and wheel hop are managed?

I’ve just fitted a DM RMM to mine and though the car is planted the vibes are just awful
I'm very happy with the purchase, either the vibration is totally gone or it was so minor anyway i iust got used to it.

I didn't notice a lot of difference in torque steer personally but there was a large reduction in wheel hop.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm very happy with the purchase, either the vibration is totally gone or it was so minor anyway i iust got used to it.

I didn't notice a lot of difference in torque steer personally but there was a large reduction in wheel hop.
thanks mate... you got the 75 Duro?

·
1,556 Posts
Reactions: rob99rt
1 - 13 of 13 Posts