Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright guys/gals. I'm looking for firsthand install experiences, and pics of the Innovate Ethanol/fuel temp gauge install in conjunction with some kind of aux fueling setup.

I wanted to get a feel for what fittings, lines, and mounting means. Plus gauge locations/wire routing.

The whole setup.

Theres E 12 miles from me, So I contacted Justin, and Im getting the final piece of my puzzle in to start chugging ethanol. Time to blow this bizniatch!!!

Im going to dig through some build threads as well, but thought I'd see if some active members have this setup, or something similar.

Just to drive this home, a content analyzer is not a necessary part, its just an extra confirmation of your mixes/blends. You still need to do math.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Chugging E as in E85 straight?
if he was doing full e85, i am not sure he would be as concerned about the ethanol content. I'm assuming e40-e50 like most big turbo guys on aux, more than that and you dont see as much of a benefit. Full flex fuel is the pipedream i have but no one is there yet (Cobb has setups on other platforms.)

I am also interested in an ethenol content gauge but not innovative, i dont want another gauge, i only need to look at the e content after i fill up. The plumbing for the actual sensor should all be the same, so i'll be watching here for more details. I will probably opt for the bluetooth style or if anyone is making any small lcd readouts that i can stash somewhere out of sight

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wouldn't he need a whole new full pump and injectors and not need the ethanol gauge if that were the case?
I have the pump, and injectors to support E85. Well, probably not in the sense you were thinking. I have a DW LPFP and a 4x 630 aux fuel,

The content gauge is in fact, due to me running E blends though. I'd max out the stock motor on e30, no need to become reliant on E85, I want to keep the ability to carry a 5 gallon of E85 with me and mix on the move for a bit more range.

Reactions: xTheMan42

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Keep in mind, my build thread is in my sig, and who the OP is. I'm all over this shiz.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,951 Posts
Reactions: Duece McCracken

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
579 Posts
ECF-1(Fuel) here. Following for fat infos.

Reactions: Duece McCracken

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah, but I wasn't sure if he was doing another setup involving that. Just curious what blend DMC was going with.
Sorry wasnt trying to sound like a jerk hope it didnt come off that way. I was just more curiously asking for interest as well. Yall know any st on the forum running full e85?

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry wasnt trying to sound like a jerk hope it didnt come off that way. I was just more curiously asking for interest as well. Yall know any st on the forum running full e85?
Yeah, but due to fuel volume, he lost out on 50 ish hp compared to a 93 oct stage 3.

E30-E70 does us just fine. Not having to mix is nice, but Im not giving up hp for it anytime soon.

Reactions: Bigtomzst

·
Registered
102 Posts
So I'm not going to lie... I kinda just guess on my mix 👀
But being for real, I just carry a 5 gal VP can with me that has gallon markers on the side. Depending on how empty I am, I guess at how many gallons it takes to get me to full-ish.
Currently the pumps down here have E75 so my mix is for every gallon just do 2.2258 of 93. Saves me from buying a gauge.
You could write your mixes on the jug so you don't have to math.

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I'm not going to lie... I kinda just guess on my mix 👀
But being for real, I just carry a 5 gal VP can with me that has gallon markers on the side. Depending on how empty I am, I guess at how many gallons it takes to get me to full-ish.
Currently the pumps down here have E75 so my mix is for every gallon just do 2.2258 of 93. Saves me from buying a gauge.
You could write your mixes on the jug so you don't have to math.
You have to do the math even if you run an inline sensor, the gauge just confirms it. An in tank though, that would be more instant. All the sensor's i have seen are inline style though.

Theres whole E blend calculators. The math is necessary, and more important.

You have to physically test the E to determine if its E80,E71, etc

Use that in a calculator, to determine fills

Then you can confirm it with the gauge.

Reactions: 20XX

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
After some research, i have determined what fittings I need to run the sensor inline with my Speed Perf Aux fuel. I'm buying a couple extra bends, just in case. I'll post up what actually works, lol

·
Registered
102 Posts
You have to do the math even if you run an inline sensor, the gauge just confirms it. An in tank though, that would be more instant. All the sensor's i have seen are inline style though.

Theres whole E blend calculators. The math is necessary, and more important.

You have to physically test the E to determine if its E80,E71, etc

Use that in a calculator, to determine fills

Then you can confirm it with the gauge.
The gauge seems to just be an extra expense at that point.

By the time the mix gets to the sensor about 2 minutes have past and you are already down the road.

I thought about doing the gauge as well when I made the switch but it kinda seems like a waste unless you are tuning vehicles that haven't had E in them before.

Unless you are always switching between E and 93 I honestly don't think I can recommend it.

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

By the time the mix gets to the sensor about 2 minutes have past and you are already down the road.

I thought about doing the gauge as well when I made the switch but it kinda seems like a waste unless you are tuning vehicles that haven't had E in them before.

Unless you are always switching between E and 93 I honestly don't think I can recommend it.
Yes, 100 percent true.

This isn't necessary at all. I just want it. Lmao

I have a bunch of gauges to install, figured I could use one more, lol

Reactions: jwuonog

·
Super Moderator
10,052 Posts

Unless you know the ethanol content in your tank, which after time/mixing is doubtful, and you test the ethanol at the pump every time you fill up, I would think the gauge would be a good safeguard.

Reactions: jwuonog and k1rby37

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
After reading my first post, It sounded one way, so i fixed it, just for clarity.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts