Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across INLM Coilovers through Instagram and had never seen them before anywhere. I see they make them for the ST and from a review I found online they are better quality than BC for about the same price.

Has anyone used them or have a friend with them?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
I'd be interested in that review, since BC are pretty damn good. Honestly most of them are going to perform within a margin of one another. It's a lot of personal preference really.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd be interested in that review, since BC are pretty damn good. Honestly most of them are going to perform within a margin of one another. It's a lot of personal preference really.
Review here: https://shockbuilder.net/2017/10/20/inlm-suspension-review/

Yeah that’s what I figured, mostly preference and if you want to spend a little more. What I got about these is that some key components are slightly higher quality plus they offer a 5 Year Warranty. Seems really interesting.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
You may also be interested in the YCW Coilovers available for our car since it's in the price range. A few forum regulars have had excellent results with them. @UnfocusedST runs them in Autocross to great satisfaction.

Lifetime warranty on hard parts. 1 year on wear parts.

I'm simply not familiar with INLM to know anything of them. If you're interested and wished to Guinea pig them definitely feel free to post up a review on them afterwards!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
They appear to be constructed like the other decent coilovers on the market. However, for anything other than putting around town, those 6k, 4.5k spring rates that their entry level kit comes with is a bit soft.... Their kit that runs 2k, looks promising as it appears that they offer eibach race springs. Still not the proper bias for this car, but maybe they can do them custom if you ask? At that price though there are other options, especially if proper handling during spirited driving is a concern.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They appear to be constructed like the other decent coilovers on the market. However, for anything other than putting around town, those 6k, 4.5k spring rates that their entry level kit comes with is a bit soft.... Their kit that runs 2k, looks promising as it appears that they offer eibach race springs. Still not the proper bias for this car, but maybe they can do them custom if you ask? At that price though there are other options, especially if proper handling during spirited driving is a concern.
Yeah I'm still comparing between a bunch of different companies, just wanted to see if anyone actually had the ILNM's since I couldn't find anything on them. I'll probably end up going with Fortune Auto or Feal since some drift buddies have a hookup. If I decide to go with the INLM's I'll put up a review.

Thanks to everyone for their input. If there is someone out there with a ST INLM kit I would still love to know your thoughts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts