Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I bought a new 2016 Focus ST, and I recently purchased an injen Cold Air Intake kit and installed it September 28/2016. The night I installed it, it ran good, good exhaust sounds and etc. The next morning I had a check Engine light come on with the fault code of " P051D " which means Crankcase Pressure Sensor Circuit High" from what I have researched at least. I took the sensors out, the filter out and placed it back in as well as unplugged the battery. I also tried resetting the computer with a module and the check engine light went away, but when I restarted the car it came back on. The rubber seals look snug and I didn't hear or feel any leaks. Anybody ever have this issue installing a CAI in their 2016 ST?

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/s...Intake/2016/ST/4_Cyl_2-dot-0L/I24SP9002P.html

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Just as a blanket check, did you double check your coupling connectors onto the turbo and in between the segments? if they are not fully seated of tightened, you could be leaking boost a bit and possibly throwing a code? The turbo was really hard for me to get to with my big hands, so I was concerned about not being able to properly tighten it down, so I paid someone to put mine on.
Also Its hard to tell in the images what vacuum line they are showing, on the back of the pipe right by the firewall there is a tube that should connect to the CAI. That may be the issue.
Also did you buy the kit that is made for the 15-16? the vent lines are different on the 15-16 from the 13-14. I had to Macgyver mine to work when I bought a 14 CAI.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, everything is sound fit, and there isn't any leaks when i checked. I dropped it off by ford so they can take a look at it, see what they say.

·
Registered
483 Posts
You could try reinstalling the original stuff and see if that fixes the problem. If not you know it is not due to the specific intake but maybe something that got overlooked during the install.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Keep us updated - mine just came in the mail LOL

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I feel retarded but I am gonna share this out of love and...the fact that I don't want anyone else to feel retarded lol..Make sure the battery is "disconnected first!" before anything else, and then make sure to follow the step on taking off the sensor, including which side first, when you put it back in, use lubricant, its an EXTREMELY tight fit, and make sure you put the sensor back on in the correct order, the instructions will tell you the steps. Then when your all done, connect the battery. I didn't unplug the battery when I first installed the intake until the end for a reset, the car must of read the sensor pulled off while the car was off and gave me a check engine light. So when I was troubleshooting it, I would disconnect the battery, but I would not put in the sensor in the correct order, and I wasn't using lube until the end.

key things : disconnect battery first, remove sensor and place it back on in the correct order, you may need lubricant

·
Registered
30 Posts
So I feel retarded but I am gonna share this out of love and...the fact that I don't want anyone else to feel retarded lol..Make sure the battery is "disconnected first!" before anything else, and then make sure to follow the step on taking off the sensor, including which side first, when you put it back in, use lubricant, its an EXTREMELY tight fit, and make sure you put the sensor back on in the correct order, the instructions will tell you the steps. Then when your all done, connect the battery. I didn't unplug the battery when I first installed the intake until the end for a reset, the car must of read the sensor pulled off while the car was off and gave me a check engine light. So when I was troubleshooting it, I would disconnect the battery, but I would not put in the sensor in the correct order, and I wasn't using lube until the end.

key things : disconnect battery first, remove sensor and place it back on in the correct order, you may need lubricant
So I got this code after installing my intercooler and downpipe. Should I disconnect the battery and unplug the crankshaft sensor, plug the sensor back in and reconnect the battery? Not sure if I knocked the sensor when I was reconnecting the sensors for the new downpipe. Thanks for any help!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts