Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just thought I would share my experience with this shift knob, available on ebay or Amazon for less than $25, easily found with a search for "carbon fiber shift knob".

I paired it with this adapter: M12x1.25 Car Auto Lift-up Reverse Lockout Shift Knob Adapter For Manual Shifter

It is about the same size and weight of the stock knob, despite their claim that it is "super light weight". It's not. It has some heft to it.

It came with thread adapters, the good news for us is they are not needed, it threads right on with no thread adapters needed.

I like it pretty well, especially for being under $30 all-in. Also available with yellow, blue or purple accent line.

Attachments

·
Registered
331 Posts
Just thought I would share my experience with this shift knob, available on ebay or Amazon for less than $25, easily found with a search for "carbon fiber shift knob".

I paired it with this adapter: M12x1.25 Car Auto Lift-up Reverse Lockout Shift Knob Adapter For Manual Shifter

It is about the same size and weight of the stock knob, despite their claim that it is "super light weight". It's not. It has some heft to it.

It came with thread adapters, the good news for us is they are not needed, it threads right on with no thread adapters needed.

I like it pretty well, especially for being under $30 all-in. Also available with yellow, blue or purple accent line.
So you bought an adapter but didn't end up needing it? Ive been thinking about a shift knob myself. Although Im thinking I want a weighted one. I can get the Ford racing CF one at close to cost since I work at a dealer. Hmmmm

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
So you bought an adapter but didn't end up needing it? Ive been thinking about a shift knob myself. Although Im thinking I want a weighted one. I can get the Ford racing CF one at close to cost since I work at a dealer. Hmmmm
Sorry, should have clarified...I did use the reverse lockout adapter linked above. The shift knob came with three thread adapters but we don't need them for our STs. It screwed right on, very snug, like it was meant for the car.

I think the blue one might be cool in a blue ST and the yellow would obviously be cool in a yellow and maybe not bad in a TS?

Yeah, I'm sure as heck not advocating this knob over the FR one. Just throwing it out there as a half-decent and more budget friendly alternative. I am pretty happy with it so far.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
If you are really fancy, you could weight it yourself. Maybe drill into the bottom and put some lead weights into it then epoxy the holes so you can't feel them. You won't be looking at the bottom of the knob anyway so for the price it could be a nice cheap solution.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts