Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used 2013 St3 not that long ago. I am new to driving manual so I went to a parking lot with a friend to get some pointers and tips on driving the car. We noticed after that sometimes after stalling, my car wouldn't turn over and we had to use a jump box to get it working or occasionally it would start up just fine. I took it to the dealership I bought it from for them to take a look at. At first, they thought it was an ignition cylinder but found it kept dying after replacing it. They requested I give them both keys to give to a locksmith for reprogramming. I was later told they ordered new keys in hopes new keys would solve the issue. I am thinking it may be an immobilizer issue, but of course, I am not a mechanic so I was curious if others had the same issue and maybe I can come to a conclusion and have a time frame of when I can get my car back haha.

Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1

You started with the year and trim level which is a lot more than most do, but these are incredibly complex cars. Speak with the dealership and try to get some additional information. Welcome to the forum.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

You started with the year and trim level which is a lot more than most do, but these are incredibly complex cars. Speak with the dealership and try to get some additional information. Welcome to the forum.
The dealership didn't mention any of these problems when I purchased the car. Sorry for asking the community for help I'm not an expert and was hoping to learn more about these cars and eventually learning them like the back of my hand (hence turning to the forum). I was only reaching out to see if anyone could willingly share some advice or knowledge. Once I am an expert and a veteran mechanic I guess I'll only reach out when I'm stumped.

Premium Member
@vahlesa_ Nobody is banging on you for reaching out for help - quite the opposite. @SSgtjrobertson was pointing you to a thread that outlines the type of information folks need to know about your car and your issue in order to allow folks here to productively help you troubleshoot and identify the root cause of your issue.

Please read the provided thread and supply the needed info. There are lots of sharp, helpful folks here who'll help you get your issue resolved. Thanks man!!

Reactions: SSgtjrobertson
1 - 4 of 4 Posts