Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2013 ford focus st and so far all I've done to it is:

1. COBB Shift knob.
2. COBB 3" Stainless Cat-back exhaust.
3. Steeda sound symposer delete kit.
4. Turbosmart 50/50 Blow off Valve

I have no intentions on racing the car....or tracking it...it's my daily driver as of right now.

I'm enjoying doing small modifications here and there to make it my own, originally I wanted to do a full stage 3 kit eventually, but I'm starting to wonder..is it worth the money?
Will upgrading my car to stage 3 increase it's value? (Or will it decrease because people don't buy modified cars.) I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO :p

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
So I have a 2013 ford focus st and so far all I've done to it is:

1. COBB Shift knob.
2. COBB 3" Stainless Cat-back exhaust.
3. Steeda sound symposer delete kit.
4. Turbosmart 50/50 Blow off Valve

I have no intentions on racing the car....or tracking it...it's my daily driver as of right now.

I'm enjoying doing small modifications here and there to make it my own, originally I wanted to do a full stage 3 kit eventually, but I'm starting to wonder..is it worth the money?
Will upgrading my car to stage 3 increase it's value? (Or will it decrease because people don't buy modified cars.) I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO :p
Upgrading the intercooler is a great idea. The stock one blows. Especially if you go @Zeek 's route. e30 will make things HOT and I wouldn't possibly do that with the stock intercooler for safety reasons.

The mods will DECREASE the value of the car. Unless you are selling to a private party who specifically wants those mods it will hurt your value.

If you want to do Stage 3 down the road all you need is a high flow air filter (50 bucks) intercooler (used CPE/Steeda or a brand new Depo racing ~300-400 bucks) and a depo racing catless downpipe (200 bucks) and you're done. Shipping to Canada will be a little pricier though.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Buy used parts, sell used parts before selling/trading the car in and you would be fine.

Stage 3 is fun, doesn't cost much to get you there and incredibly easy to go back from there.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Rear motor mount is top of the list, there's various shifter upgrades too. Easiest is a short shift adapter plate and cable bracket bushings. You can do an intake for sound too

·
Registered
24 Posts
These cars loose value so fast I don't think modding will make that much of a difference. Definitely get an intercooler, even if you don't do anything else, it will give you more consistent power regardless of your​ tune. The exhaust is a waste of money for these cars, unless sound is all you're looking for.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
These cars loose value so fast I don't think modding will make that much of a difference. Definitely get an intercooler, even if you don't do anything else, it will give you more consistent power regardless of your​ tune. The exhaust is a waste of money for these cars, unless sound is all you're looking for.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
He already has the exhaust, so he is out of luck and money there. Downpipe however is a great upgrade. And if you go hollow/no cat that turbo whistle is <3

Reactions: MBFST

·
Registered
162 Posts
Little advice. Never buy a 30 thousand car for an investment... Unless it's a REAL MUSTANG..Pre 80s. Buy it mod it tune it drive it. It's an st not a Prius!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Don't mod it! It's a trap lol!
Now that the voice of reason is gone. I suggest cooling mods. Intercooler and I strongly recommend WMI.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts