Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! Many of you know me. Been on the Forum for a while now, but not active for a while due to LIFE. New members obviously have no idea about me and my "illness" with cars! :crazy:

Life has been crazy for me during the past few months. Lots of changes. I'm divorced and have been living in an apartment for about six years. SUCKS!!!

Anyway, I recently purchased a house and moved in May. It's NICE to have a garage again!!

My brother is a disabled veteran and recently underwent heart surgery, so I've been busy helping him.

I've owned more than one FoST and LOVE them!! Earlier this year, I traded in my ST for a 2016 Mustang GT.

I'm a huge Mustang fan and that was my ninth Mustang, however, practicality dictated selling her.

I did NOT trade in my Mustang. I sold her, so I actually didn't do too badly in the deal.

My first thoughts were about getting back into a FoST, or maybe the FoRS.

Unfortunately, dealerships around me want about $15k over MSRP for the FoRS and there's no way in hell I would pay that.

I could have gone out of state, or continued shopping around for a better deal on the FoRS, but I decided to go check out a new Golf R.

Anyway, have a new 2016 Golf R parked in my garage. Hopefully won't be banned from the site for having a Golf R LOL :haha:

I just got the Golf R, so I can't do an honest review until I've had it for a while, but first impressions are GREAT!!

I'll post some pics...

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Welcome back! I just ran a fully bolted GTI with golf r turbo swap. Those things are FAST! Just so you know I won lol.

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome back! I just ran a fully bolted GTI with golf r turbo swap. Those things are FAST! Just so you know I won lol.
Thanks! Glad you won brother! Wanna race?? LOL! :crazy:

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Dude welcome back. Please keep us posted on a review. I have really considered trading in the FOST for an R.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Welcome back dude! If you remember I loved my VW and now that Cobb has opened up support it will only get better. Good luck with her and standing by for you to "unpimp ze auto".

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
But the Golf R is so boring looking..

Tapatalkin on an S7

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@SiThlord

I can list what I've noticed so far:

- Build quality is excellent!
- Fit & finish are excellent!
- Interior materials are high quality!
- AWD grip and handling are phenomenal!
- Stock power is impressive!
- Braking is impressive!

I'll post more after additional driving...

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
But the Golf R is so boring looking..

Tapatalkin on an S7
I'd agree regarding the look of the car. It's very conservative and subtle, but it's a great performing machine and so far, I'm impressed.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
So why did you come back to this site if you have a VW? ;p

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Because we are awesome :banana:

·
Registered
816 Posts
Congrats on the golf R! You won't regret it they are spectacular. DSG though....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts