Ford Focus ST Forum banner

I'll put this riiiight here

5K views 32 replies 18 participants last post by  A FocuST Family 
#1 ·
there's a dealership in Athens, Georgia that wants almost 63k for the RS they have. I had contact with them directly. It's not a typo. Has anyone seen anything THAT crazy? 30k over sticker. Wooow

#2 ·
Doesn't surprise me. I think hype is increasing now that the cars are actually here on the roads slowly but surely.

Im hoping next years number are much higher so that the markups can stop, and im hoping the used market gets nicely saturated in a couple years, just in time for me to upgrade

#4 ·
they will not sell it at that.. the owner of the dealership wants the car... so they list it insanely high. It doesn't sell and then he ends up keeping it.

Or they flipped the digits and meant to put $36k not 63 and the sales idiot that you talked to didn't know better

#11 ·
Bwahahaha!

#13 ·
Huh.....I hadn't considered the advertising angle. Ill have to watch for this from now on...to be fair, I DO see that they often put the best of the best limited edition models in the showroom....saw them do that with a C7 zo6 R at a local Chevrolet dealership

#14 ·
There is a dealership about 10 minutes from me that just got a Stealth Gray RS with the RS2 package. MSRP is $40,285. I called about it and they told me they are asking an additional $15,000 on top of MSRP. LOL @ $55,000 for a damn Focus. That is GT350 money or even a M2.

People that pay mark up on these types of cars or even make a justification of these dealers marking these cars up....you are the problem and the reason why these dealers feel like they can do this and why they get away with it.

#16 ·
The problem is that they CAN put a markup. They bought the car outright from Ford and now they aim to make a profit. The laws of supply and demand are in effect at this point. If they are unwilling to negotiate on a ridiculous ADM then chances are they don't actually plan on selling it any time soon.

This is why dealerships suck in general but it's the hand we have been dealt. It is your responsibility as a shopper to find the best deal for you. I was willing to pay $3.4k ADM for my RS in order to have it in my driveway immediately, otherwise I would have had to wait another month and pay at least $5k more for the RS that I have on order and that's not even taking into account the ADM that my local dealer would inevitably tack on to the sticker price.

We see this all the time with every niche vehicle. Pre-owned STi's around here go for more than they do brand new. Whether they hold on to the car for a few months before dropping the price or some idiot actually pays them $10k over MSRP, they still make a sale.

If you want things to change then we need to start allowing manufacturers to sell directly to customers. Unfortunately that won't happen any time soon unless you're a new company like Tesla with no existing ties to dealerships.

#20 ·
I just bought a Nitrous Blue RS2 (arrives any day now) and the "RS Market Adjustment" was $7,500.00 lol. Tried to counter offer at 5K, but they said there's 4 guys willing to pay it.

Sadly...those 4 other guys will have to wait for an RS.

OTD @ 48K for us. Can't wait to drive it.

#24 ·
I counter offered at 5K guys. I really tried, but they said no lol. I think it's BS too, but my wife and I really want this car badly and it fit right in our budget nicely.

It's a freakin' Focus FFS not a flippin super car...amiright?

Trading in both ST's for the RS is saving us 400 bucks a year on insurance as well.

They gave us KILLER value for the ST's because they already have peeps on a waiting list for my PBM 15 ST (only 6K) and we gained cash in the trade for my IS 14 ST. Literally covered a NICE down payment for us.

So now we wait lol. I hear it's on "US soil". That's all I know.

#26 ·
Why are sooo many people hateing on the rs and people willing to but them. It's they're money they can spend it how they want. Yes it's an expensive car, yes it's marked up, but who cares. I am happy to see them being sold, it shows ford there is a market to keep making cars like this. Can I afford to go get one, yes. Am I going to no it doesn't fit my needs or current wants. But then again 3 years ago when I got my st I was just going to get a regular focus sooo...

#32 ·
I ordered NB RS2 no moonroof. It's waiting at the port waiting to catch a ship to Baltimore. It can't get here soon enough. So far I am not being charged an ADM but you never know when you go to pick it up. They did say they charged the other guy but they were not going to charge me. I am a good customer there and have bought lots of cars and get my cars serviced there. They had better not charge me or I'll walk out and take all my business elsewhere. Beside they get my 2013 ST st2 with approx 61k but with a new motor with about 4k on it. They probably won't give me anything for it. They make most of their money from the service department and used cars so I don't think they'd like to lose a 3 car customer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.