Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has me stumped and really confused. I'm not proud of what I did, here, but now I'm in a jam.

2014 ST1, replaced the whole rear hatch door. Just ordered the whole door and had it shipped. Fit perfectly, except for one thing. The wiring harness that leads to the rear door (powers the wiper, license lights, rear defroster) was different than the original one, and the one on the car.

My guess is that the door was from a '13 or slightly earlier and Ford had switched the part sometime before they built my 14.

What I should have done was get it to an electrician, but of course I didn't and started trying to match wires and splice them myself. Got some things to line up testing circuits with a voltmeter and figuring it out.

But when I went to start the car, the starter clicked a few times, no crank, interior lights flashed with the clicks, and the car shuts off completely. The gauges seem to flutter as well.

I tried resetting the ECU but no difference.

Would a short from the rear hatch circuitry effect the ignition system?

·
Premium Member
3,577 Posts
Honestly it just sounds like the battery is dead, did you confirm that? The ST is really really finicky with good vs bad batteries.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts