Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Personally, I would love to have the all wheel drive feature for the Focus ST! I mean, its already a great vehicle for what it is but imagine if it had all wheel drive! Do you believe that Ford would have sold so many Focus RS models?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Definitely the all wheel drive. It would be great for the northern winters.

Reactions: Ginger_snaps4

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
I'll also vote AWD vs 1 tire fire.

·
Registered
783 Posts
AWD for sure

·
Registered
344 Posts
AWD definitely. When I get some down time I may start looking in to how hard it could be to throw in the rear subframe and RS gear box. In a year or two when wrecked RS's start popping up I recon you could get some of these parts fairly cheaply.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
In order of importance to me:

AWD.

LSD.

Front and rear bumper covers.

Exhaust valve.

Stealth Gray paint.

Reactions: brian60 and MoSalem

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
AWD, although the slightly larger displacement is appealing as well.

·
Super Moderator
10,236 Posts
Not the open deck 2.3L block; I can't for the life of me figure out why Ford didn't use the much better 2.0 block, but, this is kind of the opposite of what the O.P. is asking. Maybe the all wheel drive if there were not issues with the rear differential over heating when pushed for a few minutes, or did they fix that?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Yeah, easily AWD and the looks. It doesn't look like a focus...so I love it

·
Registered
222 Posts
Drift Mode = :)

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Not the open deck 2.3L block; I can't for the life of me figure out why Ford didn't use the much better 2.0 block, but, this is kind of the opposite of what the O.P. is asking.
I assumed it was for cooling reasons. I don't think open deck is cheaper to manufacture than closed, and the two weigh basically the same at the end of the day, so who knows?

I'm sure they're regretting the open deck choice now.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts