Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some ideas to fill the old screw holes on the Sony upgraded sub box. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
I need some ideas to fill the old screw holes on the Sony upgraded sub box. Anyone have any suggestions?
Some epoxy like JB weld that way you can texture it and mix in some black coloring to make it the same color.

Reactions: Cowlynz

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I used 3M Black Super Silicone Seal to fill mine. Really any silicone based sealant (like RTV) should work. Just make sure you let everything dry before putting it back together. Until the silicone dries, it off gasses quite a bit.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used 3M Black Super Silicone Seal to fill mine. Really any silicone based sealant (like RTV) should work. Just make sure you let everything dry before putting it back together. Until the silicone dries, it off gasses quite a bit.
Thats what I will use. I'm gonna grab some at the autoparts store later. Thank you so much.

I'll let it cure over night then reinstall the rockford sub later

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What about the hole in the back that was used for mounting the original sub. Should I just keep that open?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no block it off, get or cut a small piece of plastic and glue it on.
Thats what I did. I'll let it cure over night and it should be good to go. Thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts