Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like a dumb @ss I forgot to pull the charge temps on my stock IC with the Access Port.

Today 1200 pm local California 110f ambient temp dry climate after full warm up my charge temps stayed at a steady 120.f and change. 6th gear no pulling very easy on the throttle the Charge temps settled in the low 114.XXXf.

Running down the road getting some soild pulls in I never got above 118F on the charge temps, I am very pleased with the number so far using the Mountune IC.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Here in Michigan, I've seen mine as high as 8-10 degrees above ambient and when I'm just cruising a couple times it's actually gotten lower than ambient, which is surprising to me.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
when I'm just cruising a couple times it's actually gotten lower than ambient, which is surprising to me.
do you have a Stratified tune? theirs seem to be the only ones that will ever read less than ambient(and no, its not accurate)

yesterday(in michigan as well), with my strat tune and stock intercooler, it was 59* outside, and with light driving it was anywhere from 65*-85*, then during a hard pull all the way up to the top of 4th it maxed out at 130* needless to say the stock intercooler struggles to keep up even during one pull.

·
Registered
141 Posts
No, I have (unfortunately) Cobb ots stage 1 tune. Going either panda or stratified when I get the extra cash. But the charge tempts I posted aren't during a pull. And I had a strong feeling it wasn't accurate. but I haven't done a pull in sometime now. the driveway is it's natural stomping ground.

but I absolutely hate stock intercooler. I hear levels is one of the best, but for my needs I absolutely love Mountunes.

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
I have a Stratified flash tune, and am running the Mountune IC. Mine consistently read 6-7 degrees below ambient.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts