Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend I started smelling oil burning so I pulled over check oil level and I had nothing on the dip stick and front drives area of motor and radiator. Took all charge pipes off the car and noticed a lot of oil so I took the intercooler off and that had alot of milky oil in it about a quarter of a quart. Then noticed oil on the cold side of the turbo. With that I was thinking about going back to the stock turbo but the intakes for charge pipes look different size do I need to change my charge pipes for stock turbo to go back in. Also can I use the tial BOV that's is on the car now or just hook up the factory BOV set up.

·
Registered
2017 ST
163 Posts
If going back to stock turbo there’s no need for big charge pipes. Use the mountune Recirculation value it’s better then the stock crap.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not going to stay with the stock turbo I just wanna put it on to see if my gtx2867 is going bad or if it's other reasons I. Getting alot of oil coming out of the BOV and the intercooler.

·
Administrator
12,221 Posts
Compression test, motor is most likely to go over the turbo.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
3,962 Posts
I agree, im assuming the oil was coming from the PCV breather inside the intake pipe?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Compression test, motor is most likely to go over the turbo.
I will today when I get to work. I pulled all my spark plugs none of them were wet and no oil on my pistons car still guns fine sounds fine just have alot of oil passing in to the charge pipes and intercooler I just don't wanna hurt the turbo anymore than it is if it is ya know.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
3,962 Posts
Please check your intake pipe as mentioned above. If its running down into the turbo from your Intake pipe you have engines issues.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Intake pipes are dry only charge pip to throttle body and from intercooler to turbo. Cylinder 1 knock count also jumping high at low boost when in the pedal full throttle all 4 stay at 0
20210718_221503.jpg

·
Registered
61 Posts
well your turbo is probably going. I had issues with my first BT because the oil drain on these cars with a BT is in such a bad place. that being said I still ran mine for a while but I wasn't leaking oil all over the place like that just burring it a little bit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well your turbo is probably going. I had issues with my first BT because the oil drain on these cars with a BT is in such a bad place. that being said I still ran mine for a while but I wasn't leaking oil all over the place like that just burring it a little bit.
Thanks That's what I'm thinking I'm going to pull it off and send it in before it gets to bad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts