Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So I have been kicking around the Idea of leaving my ST1 as it sits. No further modifications whatsoever, only maintenance.

Next year (if there is one based on out current trajectory) I'm thinking that buying a used ST and really giving it the full Robertson treatment.

Now keep in mind that with the current governmental overreach this may be a pipe dream as it will soon be illegal to add air into your tires without an EPA exception. But the apocalypse aside it would be easier to build a "track only" vehicle without all the unnecessary sub-systems tagging along for the ride.

Evap, low pressure fuel monitoring, etc...

Hell, I seriously doubt the damn thing will even have passenger seat in it 馃お.

PDF instructions attached.

Stay Safe
J

Attachments

Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
What About swapping in a regular focus? Surely that would save you from having to shell out for an ST if you're going to do the whole 9 yards anyway.

Also, i have godsmack stuck in my head now.

Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That true, I'm sure that would be a much better place to start. I see a lot of saw time involved with what I've got planned.

Administrator
That true, I'm sure that would be a much better place to start. I see a lot of saw time involved with what I've got planned.
Oh, i have a gently used roller for sale, lol

Registered
Skip the ST and ecoboost swap a first gen focus. They are about the same weight as the current gen fiesta, and the swap is pretty straight forward. I saw a couple Ecoboost powered first gens at the carlisle ford national show, however I don't think any of them where making huge power. At most I think one guy had a 2867 on his making ~400whp.

TLDR throw a built ecoboost in a SVT Focus. 500+whp and less than 2500lbs if you strip it down.

Reactions: Coolpool

Premium Member
Skip the ST and ecoboost swap a first gen focus. They are about the same weight as the current gen fiesta, and the swap is pretty straight forward. I saw a couple Ecoboost powered first gens at the carlisle ford national show, however I don't think any of them where making huge power. At most I think one guy had a 2867 on his making ~400whp.

TLDR throw a built ecoboost in a SVT Focus. 500+whp and less than 2500lbs if you strip it down.
Or follow the footsteps of the guy who put a Coyote in a Mk1 and converted it to RWD...

Registered
Where are you going to get the control pack from?
The M-6017-20T was discontinues a few years ago in favor of the M-6017-23T for the 2.3L.
Might not be a bad idea to pull a Valley Crew and 鉁傗渹

Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ditch the LS (460 Lb) go 3.5 TT mid-engine or 2.0 to 2.3 stroker and keep it light...

LMFAO now we're just dreaming 馃ぃ

Reactions: Coolpool

Premium Member
Ditch the LS (460 Lb) go 3.5 TT mid-engine or 2.0 to 2.3 stroker and keep it light...

2.0 ecoboost, stroked out, mounted on a DF Goblin Kit Car. I thought about turning my old Cobalt into one of these, but I just can't justify the cash.

Administrator

2.0 ecoboost, stroked out, mounted on a DF Goblin Kit Car. I thought about turning my old Cobalt into one of these, but I just can't justify the cash.

You can buy a Rossion Q1, already set up for an Ecoboost 4 banger, a 3.5 duratec twin turbo, and probably enough room to swap the 3.5 ecoboost in it.

Much better chassis than the Factory 5

Premium Member
You can buy a Rossion Q1, already set up for an Ecoboost 4 banger, a 3.5 duratec twin turbo, and probably enough room to swap the 3.5 ecoboost in it.

Much better chassis than the Factory 5

My budget is significantly closer to the latter.... Lol

Administrator

Premium Member

Administrator
You say, as you're on a forum for the Ford Focus. ;)

Love my car but it is no luxury car.

I like to keep in touch with the regular folk, trying out this "humbling" thing. Which is neither working for me or worth it...

Lmfao

The ST was a fun stepping stone, moved on though.

The Q1 was on my list, used they can go for 50-60k. Then Esprit V8, and ended up with a mustang, like a douche.

The ecoboost hacked into the back of a 90's fiesta would be pretty sick.

Finding a chassis that handles and brakes, that can support 300-600hp, and is cheap, is tough, lmfao!!

Reactions: ryno9100
1 - 19 of 19 Posts