Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to be able to lower the passenger seat of my 2016 ST1 to at least as low as the driver side can go.

I have read all the threads I could find:

1. http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-discussions/42330-lower-st3-passenger-seat-2.html

2. http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-...gured-out-how-lower-passenger-seat-yet-2.html

And some even older ones that were equally "informative"

I was wondering if anyone has lowered their passenger seat or has any ideas on what direction I could go. Is there a way to see if the drivers side rails would bolt right in?

Eventually I will just bring it to a shop and let them go at it, but Id love to get some insight from the members here before it comes to that.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,542 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm wondering if it would be possible to get a RHD bracket/track and use that but I've been unable to find a part number for it. The only other solution would be to use an aftermarket bracket or sketchily make a custom one since I think those brackets are exclusive to the RS and more specifically the Recaro Sportsters.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
I'm wondering if it would be possible to get a RHD bracket/track and use that but I've been unable to find a part number for it. The only other solution would be to use an aftermarket bracket or sketchily make a custom one since I think those brackets are exclusive to the RS and more specifically the Recaro Sportsters.
There is this company that makes aftermarket seat brackets for the ST but its not going to help unless you re-engineer whats on the actual seat to utilize this instead. At that point, its probably a better idea to just go with aftermarket seats that will sit lower to start with

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just curious, why is this necessary? :)
The passenger seat sits way too high and is unable to be adjusted up or down. Personally I just think it feels weird sitting in it when I'm passenger but other people have had more severe problems where they can't even fit in the passenger seat because their head hits the roof.

·
Registered
2017 MM ST3
473 Posts
The passenger seat sits way too high and is unable to be adjusted up or down. Personally I just think it feels weird sitting in it when I'm passenger but other people have had more severe problems where they can't even fit in the passenger seat because their head hits the roof.
Oh ok. you must have some giants in your car hahaha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts