Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got about 10,000 dollars work done at ford dealership and they give me my car back saying this plug was already like this. And they said it's a airflow sensor and that I don't need it because I have aftermarket performance parts and the tune I have doesn't require it. Is it true or they trying to BS me? I remember replacing my stock intake with the aftermarket cold air intake and I'm pretty sure there were no wires I left disconnected.
Automotive tire Hood Black Motor vehicle Automotive design

Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive fuel system

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ddfred and smokin Joe.
So the story begins with me going to get an oil change at a drive through valvoline instant oil change. They tell me I'm good to go and I drive off and the motor starts screeching loud af at about 10 min in. So I'm like wtf I get out check the oil and NO OIL was put back in after they drained it. So the next day took it to ford dealer and basically needed a new motor and turbo assembly. 4 weeks and 10 k later I got it back. Now the dam power steering doesn't work and I had to buy a new batter because the dealership wanted to charge me close to 300 for a new one installed. 馃檮 I asked them why they couldn't see why the powers steering wasn't working because I didn't buy a new battery from them and the battery in the car was dead so they couldn't diagnose it. Terrible customer service.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In the mornings when I go to work I start the car up and the power steering works. About 15 min into the drive it randomly goes out. After work I start the car up and powersteering works again until about 15 min on the way home. And that's how it's been for a couple of weeks now. Anyone know why? Or had similar issues?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I fixed the problem... took it to a shop so they could check all of the wiring harness connections for the power steering rack and they took it into the bay and were like yeah, your rack and pinion assembly needs to be replaced. Computer not communicating with the rack. Ao I'm like did they just plug it into the dam code reader? Cuz I could have told them that. I'm fed up at this point because i literally just paid the guy 85 bucks to tell me the powersteering isn't working. 馃槶 basically. But I'm like **** that. The guy told me it's about 2600 to get it replaced.. so I go home and let the car sit for a few hours. I'm like ok. It's nice and cool now so I start it up and wow the power steering works. Just like always. So I drive for about 15 min and it stops working. So I get it home and pop the hood get my leaf blower and a fan and put them full blast into the engine bag. Even poured some water on the power steering rack and it could down super fast. Turned the car back on and.... it worked again. So now I'm like wtf. I get some sheet metal and fab up my own heat shield and wrap it around the cat that's about 4 inches away and wrap some sheet metal around the power steering rack and boom... haven't had it stop working in 3 days!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Can you take a picture of the cat, please? I'm wondering if the heat shields were rusty and fell off when the dealership did the engine replacement.

In that case, it would be as simple as the rack itself was going into an over-temperature mode.

Nice find, OP!
I should have taken a picture when I was under the car but It was late and I just wanted to fix the problem. I will get back under there at some point and take a picture though. Probably this weekend

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I should have taken a picture when I was under the car but It was late and I just wanted to fix the problem. I will get back under there at some point and take a picture though. Probably this weekend
I'm almost 100 percent sure that's exactly what was going on. The temp was getting way too hot and it was just shutting off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts