Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have recently installed a turbosmart 50/50 kompact blow off valve and i took it for the first run today. Everything was going well and then I downshifted and the alarm went off on the center screen telling me to take the car to Ford, I had lost all power and it was making the blow off sound constantly and shuttering. I limped it home to the garage and shut the car down, after an hour i tried driving the car to the dealership and it seemed to be running fine. Has anyone else come acroos this issue after changing the blowoff? Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hi everyone,

I have recently installed a turbosmart 50/50 kompact blow off valve and i took it for the first run today. Everything was going well and then I downshifted and the alarm went off on the center screen telling me to take the car to Ford, I had lost all power and it was making the blow off sound constantly and shuttering. I limped it home to the garage and shut the car down, after an hour i tried driving the car to the dealership and it seemed to be running fine. Has anyone else come acroos this issue after changing the blowoff? Thanks for any help!
Sound like the BOV got stuck open.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sounds scary as hell. Can't say I've ever had or heard about this happening. My bov has been fine since day 1 but yours could be too tight or too loose. Turbosmart bov is adjustable and this could potentially be your problem. If it happens again after you've checked bov tightness, scan for codes if you can and take to dealer or contact turbosmart about broken bov.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Yea, I agree with what Jam said. Only time I've heard of it happening is when the valve stuck open

1 - 4 of 4 Posts