Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
Just like the title says I hit a deer with my 2017 st3.
At about 45 mph a nice size whitetail doe walked right out in front of me. I slammed on the brakes and hit her hard dead center.
The instant I hit her my car came to a stop but it was a hard loud plastic like sounding bang. The deer went flying for about 30 feet and slid for another 30 feet. She was dead.
This was at 4 am last Saturday going to work. I was kind of happy since I was close to home and figured my car was trashed so I'd have the day off. But when I got out to survey the damage.......
There was none!!!
Unbelievable!!!
I was only using my cell phone and headlights but I couldn't see anything wrong. I then drove about a half mile to a parking lot and checked it out better in the light but all I could see was hair and poo on my car.
I couldn't believe it. I still had to go to work.
After work I went over it a lot better and maybe, just maybe my hood gap is just a little off on the front edge but really I can't find anything at all wrong. Maybe when I replace my intercooler I'll find something wrong but as of now no damage.
My F350 had more damage from a deer I hit last year!!!
Crazy!

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
Hi everyone
At about 45 mph a nice size whitetail doe walked right out in front of me. I slammed on the brakes and hit her hard dead center.
The instant I hit her my car came to a stop but it was a hard loud plastic like sounding bang. The deer went flying for about 30 feet and slid for another 30 feet. She was dead.
This was at 4 am last Saturday going to work. I was kind of happy since I was close to home and figured my car was trashed so I'd have the day off. But when I got out to survey the damage.......
There was none!!!
Unbelievable!!!
I was only using my cell phone and headlights but I couldn't see anything wrong. I then drove about a half mile to a parking lot and checked it out better in the light but all I could see was hair and poo on my car.
After work I went over it a lot better and maybe, just maybe my hood gap is just a little off on the front edge but really I can't find anything at all wrong. Maybe when I replace my intercooler I'll find something wrong but as of now no damage.
Crazy!
Good luck, hopefully you don't find anything bad. Sounds like you got away lucky.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Hi everyone
There was none!!!
Unbelievable!!!
Crazy!
Glad to hear you and the ST emerged at least relatively unscathed!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Deer Hunter 2018: Focus ST DLC

Reactions: AndroidiOSWP

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Glad you are OK!

Not sure about the reface (I have a 2013), but on my car there is a chambered strip of plastic between the front steel crash bar and the back of the bumper. It's used for bumper support but it's designed to crush down easily.

You may just want to pop your front bumper off and have a look for any latent damage. On my car the part was about $50.

Hope that helps,
Mark

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry no pics. I wish I did in the morning but I was busy cleaning my shorts out.
At first I thought the deer poo were fat ticks. I was only awake for a half hour when I hit that deer and not wearing my glasses. When I got to work was when I realized it was poo. On my way home I was going to take a pic but there was only one front leg left!!
Eventually I will have some free time and extra money for a fmic then I'll tear into it and see if anything is tweaked. For now all is good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts