Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tunes from two VERY well known tuners and they both recommended sticking with stock plugs on the tune. They both do not like the one step colder plugs such as ITV22's. I thought one step colder was a MUST when you tune?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have tunes from two VERY well known tuners and they both recommended sticking with stock plugs on the tune. They both do not like the one step colder plugs such as ITV22's. I thought one step colder was a MUST when you tune?
Take a look here: Blog : Spark Plug Tech : Stratified Automotive Controls

I personally went with the NGK LTR7IX-11's (6510) as I've seen way to many failures of the Denso ITV22's.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Take a look here: Blog : Spark Plug Tech : Stratified Automotive Controls

I personally went with the NGK LTR7IX-11's (6510) as I've seen way to many failures of the Denso ITV22's.
It really depends on your tuner. Just listen to your tuner if they're reputable. I decided to go a step colder and haven't had a single issue, but I'm also tuned by Stratified (author of the article above). Either way, read the article.

·
Registered
825 Posts
The temp range of spark plug is determined by USE. Not by some general theory.
Some guy uses a possible plug in an engine and 'is it overcooked? Does it got hot enough to burn off the crap?
It is not magic.
A single step is not a lot.
I would go with the tuner. not some theory on the internet. LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts