Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FMIC, colder plugs, DP, charge pipes, or intake? Which is going to give the biggest gains for my buck? Not interested in going meth injection, race fuel (I fill up on 93 which is what my tune is for), I only do Mexico street runs not going to track the car as of yet, car lives with middle of Carolina's weather.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Nothing, congratulations. you have reached the pinnacle of our platform with a Stratified Tune.

DP, Charge pipes, and intake will do next to nothing.

FMIC will only insure you do not heat soak right away.

Colder plugs will only help prevent spark knock.

The KO3 is your limiting factor, if you want much more you need Meth, Nitrous, or Big Turbo.

Considering you decided to delete your previous post, and post the exact same thing because you did not like the answer will not change the result.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing, congratulations. you have reached the pinnacle of our platform with a Stratified Tune.

DP, Charge pipes, and intake will do next to nothing.

FMIC will only insure you do not heat soak right away.

Colder plugs will only help prevent spark knock.

The KO3 is your limiting factor, if you want much more you need Meth, Nitrous, or Big Turbo.

Considering you decided to delete your previous post, and post the exact same thing because you did not like the answer will not change the result.
Sorry I couldn't edit the title and the answers were way off since I left out the tune. So a better FMIC doesn't lower charge temps under WOT dramatically more so than stock to allow for more torque and hp to be produced? I noticed that the mountune MP275 to MR300 kit includes charge pipes so they have to be helping somehow?

·
Registered
593 Posts
FMIC, colder plugs, DP, charge pipes, or intake? Which is going to give the biggest gains for my buck? Not interested in going meth injection, race fuel (I fill up on 93 which is what my tune is for), I only do Mexico street runs not going to track the car as of yet, car lives with middle of Carolina's weather.
Honestly the catback doesn't give you much of a gain...but saying that, I would definitely look into FMIC as you would see the most gains through it.

Usually, intake is considered stage 1, but just doing a high-flow filter is good. Secondary is changing the elbow joint to a smooth silicone elbow joint to reduce turbulence.

FMIC is definitely a must, because stock is a POS. Heat soak happens after 2 or 3 hard pulls. Bigger and more efficient FMICs lower the pressure drop and charge temps which allows for more boost pressure. Charge pipe tooling is really neither here nor there...I wouldn't upgrade unless you get an awesome deal. No need unless you go big turbo and airflow increases immensely.

DP is the last upgrade to technically go stage 3. I just put on my catted DP and torque increased a lot. The stock DP is also a POS but they have to design to meet emissions standards and such. Turbo spool happens very quickly which means torque goes way up...I can spin changing into 3rd every now and then (fantastic feeling lol)

I've dynoed each stage running stratified tunes all the way through, and I can tell you biggest HP gains come from FMIC, then another big bump in torque with the DP.

I'd suggest colder plugs running stratified tunes because that's what they recommend. I can go into detail, but look on their site for explanations.

After being full stage 3 as a daily, I couldn't be happier. Everything you do with the proper tuning will absolutely enhance power in some way or another.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Also, just be aware if you do add power, the things like colder plugs, motor mounts, any kind of stiffening up the car or making it safer running higher boost will help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts