Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Havnt been an active user of this site in awhile. The first year I had my Focus I was on here all the time. Unfortunately a couple week ago I was driving home and got T boned by a girl who failed to stop at a stop sign. She deemed to be at fault for the accident. I was ok for the most part but my hand was a little cut from shattered glass and my neck and back were bruised and hurting for awhile. The saddest news is that my ST was deemed a total loss by the insurance company. I absolutely loved my car! I felt heart broken when they told me it was totaled. I purchased my car new in Aug. 2014. It was the first new car I ever bought! I had so many great memmories with that car and I will miss it. I wanna thank everyone on here, you've all been so helpful with your knowledge and advice. I've also spent countless hours reading things on here for enjoyment and have gone to a couple Focus meets because of this site and it's tight knit community. I'm not sure what i will get for my next car. I typically like to try a different car every time it's time for a new one. But I am strongly considering another ST. I plan on selling some of my parts from off the car on here soon. Until next time cheers and happy motoring!

20170107_105827.jpg

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
421 Posts
That sucks man! Glad you are OK!! A testament to how safe these cars seem to be.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Glad that you are okay bud. Feel better soon & best of luck with your next car purchase, maybe an RS? :haha:

Reactions: LockeLamora33

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Grab an RS! Glad to see you walked away okay.

Reactions: RODSST and madsinST

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the kind comments! I would love to get an RS but I don't think I can quite afford the payments and on top of that dealers in the Maryland area still have ridiculous mark up. I was so impressed with safety of this car. My girlfriend keeps telling me she's so glad I was in the ford because of how safe it is. I mean I got hit doing the speed limit, then spun off the road and hit a telephone pole! I'm so thankful for the safety of that car!

·
Registered
660 Posts
If no injuries, I'll post it if he doesn't hahaha
Don't get me wrong, I laugh everytime I see it. It is like the official focusst.org meme.

Reactions: LeojST

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Thanks for the kind comments! I would love to get an RS but I don't think I can quite afford the payments and on top of that dealers in the Maryland area still have ridiculous mark up. I was so impressed with safety of this car. My girlfriend keeps telling me she's so glad I was in the ford because of how safe it is. I mean I got hit doing the speed limit, then spun off the road and hit a telephone pole! I'm so thankful for the safety of that car!

Well then you will have to get over to Koons or something and grab another ST! Maybe you can find a nice 2016 ST3 leftover for cheap!--Might be able to re-use some of your parts too.

Reactions: madsinST

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@elky864 soon will be a part out. I'm gonna try to go to the salvage yard and get what I can. Nothing super special to anyone with a heavily moddified ST but I'm gonna try and un marry my cobb A.P., get my mountune air filter, my Ford all weather floor mats and possibly my boomba wing risers. That's probably gonna be all I can get. My exhaust and springs were damaged and the insurance company agreed to give me some money towards them. I have bov, rmm, and sound symposer delete, but I don't feel safe jacking up the car to get the bov and rmm. But yeah... Mini part out probably next week :).

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts

Honestly, one of the biggest deciding factors when I was deciding on the ST officially (other than the fun parts, interior, etc) was the results of accidents I've seen where the car proved it's worth in safety time and time again. Seriously a safe vehicle for it's comforts and ability. So happy to see it protect another driver and his family, makes me feel all the more happy knowing my girlfriend and family are safe in my car.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
That is a major bummer, but so glad you're OK. I hope you're able to enjoy the hunt for your next car.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Didn't realize you were a fellow Marylander...was up your way last week for work. In my Excursion tho lol

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Glad your OK, sorry about the injury. Maybe you should look into a AWD vehicle.
*cough* RS *cough*

If you can get one that isn't marked up or even a used one (they have those already) it's probably doable.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
#focusSTsaveslives!

ok guys real world crash tests have been proven, no more wrecks... ok ;)

For real though, glad you are ok and hope they at least get you in the new car of your dreams, even if it isn't a ST again.

the story of your ST is a lot like mine, I never thought about buying a new car but when the ST came out I just had to have it.

Sorry for your loss

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well then you will have to get over to Koons or something and grab another ST! Maybe you can find a nice 2016 ST3 leftover for cheap!--Might be able to re-use some of your parts too.
I bought my car at koons ford in Baltimore. What a great experience with them! There prices were quite a bit lower then what the dealership in my town was charging for an ST1. I would love to deal with them again!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts