Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great kid, don't get cocky.

I purchased a new 2016 Focus ST in Tangerine Scream with the ST2 package and Tangerine Scream inserts and stitching on the seats and a sunroof a couple of days ago. I am now officially an ST driver (I can't say owner because some bank actually owns it until we finish paying for it). A few first notes:
The side bolsters in the Recaro seats are almost insane. I mean, damn. It's a little difficult just getting into and out of the car (but then again, I'm old). But boy, do they really hug you when you are tossing the car around!
The ride is FIRM, but man, does it take the corners! And it stops on a dime!
It's not that fast in a straight line but plenty fast enough to be fun.
Other than the seats, the interior is pretty cheap (my PT Cruiser is MUCH nicer).
There are not a lot of storage spaces inside the car (again, compared to the PT Cruiser).
I need glasses, as there are so many tiny buttons and even the gas gauge is literally the size of a postage stamp.
The engine makes some beautiful music through the symposer, but it is otherwise very quiet.
This thing is an absolute BLAST to drive!

Oh, and until I found the antenna in the glove box and installed it the radio didn't pick up very many stations.

·
Super Moderator
10,045 Posts
You own it, the bank just has a lien on it!

Congrats on the new car...enjoy!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Other than the seats, the interior is pretty cheap (my PT Cruiser is MUCH nicer).
There are not a lot of storage spaces inside the car (again, compared to the PT Cruiser)..
I came in here to congratulate you, but when I read that first statement. I was like "nope, forget this guy, get out" lmao

but WELCOME! and congrats on the new ST

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Congrats and n-joy the new car.

Seat tip - drop you butt in the seat with your back to the passenger and swing your feet in. Might make getting in and out a little easier... maybe

·
Registered
129 Posts

Say What? This is supposed to be funny right? Sorry, sometimes it's hard to get internet sarcasm. :wink:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Oh, and until I found the antenna in the glove box and installed it the radio didn't pick up very many stations.
Questioning why wouldn't that already be installed.... Why would it be taken off

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Questioning why wouldn't that already be installed.... Why would it be taken off
Dealership got lazy upon delivery?? Most dealer's I've seen don't even remove the protective blue film on some of the interior/engine bay bits. Leave that to the buyer...

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
Welcome to the ST community! If you have any questions/concerns please come here,(to the forum) and we all most likely will put heads together and help. Furthermore there is quite a bit of information on our platform through Google.
Once again welcome and drive safely :big smile:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the kind words.
Yes, the salesman pulled off most of the protective film and the window stickers and installed the floor mats while we were waiting on the title lady to process the paperwork. Apparently, he didn't know about the little antenna in the glove box. There was a plastic plug in the little threaded hole that I had to remove.

Yeah, I was serious about the PT Cruiser. I've found that people that hate them have never had one and have never driven one. The interior quality is much nicer than the Focus (my PT is a Limited with the turbo). I don't mind at all if you guys make fun of PT's, everybody else does. People really HATE it when I pass them up in the PT.

It was kind of exciting picking up the new car. My wife and I drove 5 hours through heavy rain the entire time, ate lunch, spent 4 hours at the dealership negotiating a price, trading in my PT Cruiser, saying no to the finance guy who kept pushing all the insurance policies, and then another 5 hour drive back home through heavy rain in the dark. It was a long day. It's been raining almost non-stop ever since and it is still raining now.

Thanks again for the warm welcome and I hope to one day be able to give advice to the newbies who join this forum in the future. Before that happens, however, I'll have to ask a lot of stupid questions.

Oh yeah, who programmed the little green arrow that keeps wanting me to upshift all the time? I'm guessing it's trying to give me maximum MPG?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Thanks for the kind words.
Yes, the salesman pulled off most of the protective film and the window stickers and installed the floor mats while we were waiting on the title lady to process the paperwork. Apparently, he didn't know about the little antenna in the glove box. There was a plastic plug in the little threaded hole that I had to remove.

Yeah, I was serious about the PT Cruiser. I've found that people that hate them have never had one and have never driven one. The interior quality is much nicer than the Focus (my PT is a Limited with the turbo). I don't mind at all if you guys make fun of PT's, everybody else does. People really HATE it when I pass them up in the PT.

It was kind of exciting picking up the new car. My wife and I drove 5 hours through heavy rain the entire time, ate lunch, spent 4 hours at the dealership negotiating a price, trading in my PT Cruiser, saying no to the finance guy who kept pushing all the insurance policies, and then another 5 hour drive back home through heavy rain in the dark. It was a long day. It's been raining almost non-stop ever since and it is still raining now.

Thanks again for the warm welcome and I hope to one day be able to give advice to the newbies who join this forum in the future. Before that happens, however, I'll have to ask a lot of stupid questions.

Oh yeah, who programmed the little green arrow that keeps wanting me to upshift all the time? I'm guessing it's trying to give me maximum MPG?
LOL, my wife still has her PT Cruiser (Calls him Petey; P-T, get it?). It's 16 years old and has 96k Miles on it. I have always appreciated the interior. Very nice, subdued and super-functional.
The ST3 seats; Wifey-poo hates them because it's not that easy for women to slide over that hump without feeling assaulted. She also thinks they are too hard so I got her a little black pillow from walmart and it sets right down in the bucket. It makes it softer and an easier place from which to extract oneself. Another thing that can be done is the "wing Delete." You can actually take the seats apart and remove the plastic inserts from the bottom, but leave the foam . This removes the pressure from the hip area, which is where it is the most tight for me. After doing this, the seats are perfect. There are several threads here somewhere.
Enjoy your car!

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
what's that saying?

"pics or it didn't happen"

lol

Reactions: BlueHaloGirl
1 - 15 of 15 Posts