Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

My name is Ron. I currently live in Charleston, SC. I've been in the Navy for 7 years now, with the last three spent at The Citadel. I've loved cars my whole life, and have been a German car guy for the last decade or so, owning two 3-series coupes, a 944 and a VW Tourareg.
My latest 3-series has been a long term project car and my daily driver and that just isn't working anymore, so I decided to look for a car to replace it. My inlaws are HUGE Ford people (my father-in-law has owned over 60 mustangs) so I started there and quickly found that the Focus ST was really the only car that checked all of the boxes for me.
I just purchased a 2014 Performance Blue ST3 yesterday. I just joined the forum today, but many of you guys have already been an enormous help both in guiding me to the decision to buy an ST and in providing guidance in where this car may go in the future. This is also one of the most intelligent and polite forums I've come across in my many MANY hours I've been wandering the internet in search of automobile advice.
So thank you, everyone.

·
Administrator
12,183 Posts
Hello everyone,

My name is Ron. I currently live in Charleston, SC. I've been in the Navy for 7 years now, with the last three spent at The Citadel pursuing a commission as a submarine officer. I've loved cars my whole life, and have been a German car guy for the last decade or so, owning two 3-series coupes, a 944 and a VW Tourareg.
My latest 3-series has been a long term project car and my daily driver and that just isn't working anymore, so I decided to look for a car to replace it. My inlaws are HUGE Ford people (my father-in-law has owned over 60 mustangs) so I started there and quickly found that the Focus ST was really the only car that checked all of the boxes for me.
I just purchased a 2014 Performance Blue ST3 yesterday. I just joined the forum today, but many of you guys have already been an enormous help both in guiding me to the decision to buy an ST and in providing guidance in where this car may go in the future. This is also one of the most intelligent and polite forums I've come across in my many MANY hours I've been wandering the internet in search of automobile advice.
So thank you, everyone.
I refuse to let this forum suffer the fate of other car forums.

Welcome aboard!! Lol

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
We dont really consider german cars the darkside around here, we appreciate most things well done. Besides, the ST is pretty much european designed, not to mention the RS was exclusively built there.

Tell us more about that project 3series :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
We dont really consider german cars the darkside around here, we appreciate most things well done. Besides, the ST is pretty much european designed, not to mention the RS was exclusively built there.

Tell us more about that project 3series :)
Good point! I've been a European car guy for some time, so maybe that's what drew me to the ST in the first place. It's really is a shame the new STs won't see US shores.

As for the 3-series, there's more to tell than anyone really cares to read haha. I have a pretty comprehensive parts list if anyone is really interested.
I bought a 1998 328is from a dude who treated it like dirt with the intention of building it into the ultimate commuter/weekend driver hybrid. I've rebuilt the engine, completely overhauled the suspension and brakes, added a couple of sets of wheels, and made any performance modification that could also get me some MPGs in that endeavor. I like to think I was successful, as I was daily driving the car for a couple of months at a time last year, but an old German car like that is a lot of work. After 5 years of tweaking on that car basically every weekend, WHILE trying to keep it on the road, I'm a little burnt out. Hence the new Ford.
Once I'm out of the Navy, I'll probably start looking for an air-cooled 911 to keep me busy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts