Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, I bought tires for my car I bought some federal SS595 I bought the correct size 235/40R18, but here it comes the problem, I didn’t know the stock tires where 95W, and the tires I bought come 91W would that really make a big change?
Thank you guys for the help !

·
Registered
792 Posts
Technically you are supposed to go with the same load rating or higher, but unless you are grossly under the manufacturers recommended load rating, you should be fine. I have run both 90w, 94w load rated tires on this platform, (all of which are under what the stock goodyear's 95w rating are) and have been just fine. This is both in daily driving and auto-x by the way.

Reactions: kikecaamano

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
I think important thing to keep in mind is that load rating is not just about gross weight of the vehicle. It is also about the tires ability to hold itself together at high speed. So maybe try not to go over 100mph too often.

Reactions: kikecaamano

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I believe with a lower load rating on your tire. That requires a pound or two more air pressure to support cars load.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Load rating is per wheel, so whatever the load rating is, multiply by 4. a 91 is what my car came with (1,356 x4= 5424) so about half the max load per tire. The speed rating is what comes after (i think mine are W) so max speed of 168. I don't plan on going that fast unless the world is ending, so a 91w is both under the weight and under the speed rating.

Tire Rack Ratings and Info

1 - 6 of 6 Posts