Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm done.

I PAID for my AccessTuner Race software (despite COBB now maintaining that it is "still free") in addition to my AccessPort for my 2013 Focus ST and used it without incident just as I have been using other manufacturers' tuning products for a dozen years.

I see that COBB now claims ATR was always labeled as "beta" product which is a bald-faced lie! I've been an IT professional for 25 years and I would never buy a beta product OR use it on something as serious as a car I put my wife & child in.

I was dismayed to find this May that COBB is now expecting me to shell out another $150 to continue using a product I already bought and I have waited until now for COBB to see the error of their ways -- to no avail.

Unless I hear something from COBB TODAY that changes my mind, I'll be reverting the ECU back to stock later today and I am debating whether to run the AccessPort over with the car or use it for target practice. In either case, I will never purchase another COBB product on principle, I will make future performance car buys contingent upon someone else offering a tuning product, and I will advise others to steer away from COBB, too.

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
I'm done.

I PAID for my AccessTuner Race software (despite COBB now maintaining that it is "still free") in addition to my AccessPort for my 2013 Focus ST and used it without incident just as I have been using other manufacturers' tuning products for a dozen years.

I see that COBB now claims ATR was always labeled as "beta" product which is a bald-faced lie! I've been an IT professional for 25 years and I would never buy a beta product OR use it on something as serious as a car I put my wife & child in.

I was dismayed to find this May that COBB is now expecting me to shell out another $150 to continue using a product I already bought and I have waited until now for COBB to see the error of their ways -- to no avail.

Unless I hear something from COBB TODAY that changes my mind, I'll be reverting the ECU back to stock later today and I am debating whether to run the AccessPort over with the car or use it for target practice. In either case, I will never purchase another COBB product on principle, I will make future performance car buys contingent upon someone else offering a tuning product, and I will advise others to steer away from COBB, too.
Lets go @COBB we are all waiting on you.

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
@Brian_in_NC. I read through some comments on Cobbs website and found this. Hope this helps.

Jonathan Tsang on July 5, 2016 says:
Hi Cobb,

Just read the update on where ATR went. Just to clarify, is the training already paid for or is it something we pay on top of the AP in order to get the ATR software. The reason I ask is because I already have ATR on my laptop, however, I have since purchased a new laptop and would like to add ATR on that as well.

Appreciate your time.

Thank you,
Jon

Marshall on July 5, 2016 says:

If you still have the install file for your current version of Accesstuner Race you would be able to transfer that (via USB drive for example) to the new laptop and install the software. All new instances of the software will require for the training to be completed before a download file is available.

[email protected]

To me it sounds like if you already have ATR then you will have access to it without any extra out of pocket. However, anyone who want to purchase it new will not be grandfathered in. I am not sure how this would affect users who bought APV3s that have ATR already loaded as they are not the original purchaser.

Reactions: hanyolo44

·
Registered
349 Posts
Reviving an old (but now relevant) thread....

I just contacted COBB and got a reply saying that the new software is "very similar" to the ATR software and that I do not need to upgrade at the time. If I did want the new software, I'd be required to do the EFI U training. Looks like you're out $149 if you want to upgrade and we bought a beta version of the software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
873 Posts
Reviving an old (but now relevant) thread....

I just contacted COBB and got a reply saying that the new software is "very similar" to the ATR software and that I do not need to upgrade at the time. If I did want the new software, I'd be required to do the EFI U training. Looks like you're out $149 if you want to upgrade and we bought a beta version of the software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
While taking the course is required to receive the new instance of the software, we do offer coupon codes to those that previously purchased Accesstuner. This will allow previous users to complete the course at no cost. Give us a call at 866-922-3059 or email [email protected] for more details.

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
While taking the course is required to receive the new instance of the software, we do offer coupon codes to those that previously purchased Accesstuner. This will allow previous users to complete the course at no cost. Give us a call at 866-922-3059 or email [email protected] for more details.

[email protected]
That's awesome! Thanks, Cobb.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I just checked out the tuner software yesterday, its $149. The feeling is mutual, im debating to sell mine and go with something different. Im currently researching other computers now and what it takes to have a custom tune made.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts