Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like Hyundai did what Ford should've done to the ST.. 275hp LSD big brake launch control etc. Welcome the 2019 Hyundai Veloster N

·
Registered
407 Posts
I got to admit, I kind of dig it.

I oddly love the 2+1 doors, glad they have kept that, and the third brake light is funky but again, I kind of like it.

Reactions: angrychair

·
Registered
102 Posts
Meh... the LSD is brake controlled.

Also, they'll be driven by Hyundai drivers...

Reactions: Cowlynz

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Who will leave you sitting still at the stoplight!

·
Registered
2016 Kona Blue ST3
526 Posts
Brakes are about the same size as the ST's...

I'm mostly excited about a Veloster that doesn't make me want to throw up in my mouth when I'm behind it at a stop light. The redesign looks much better.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
So their LSD is fake then? I was really excited about that for them.
The car looks pretty good visually, but I don't like the demo cars baby blue color, sounds good and looks good spec wise.

We're gonna have to watch out for them Velosteraptors now.

Would like to see a new WRC car.

Reactions: brian60

·
Registered
414 Posts

it’s electronically controlled mechanical lsd like the vw unit.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
it’s electronically controlled mechanical lsd like the vw unit.
well that is a REAL LSD unit. Not fake brake 'torque vectoring bull****'

Reactions: nafsucof

·
Registered
95 Posts
Looks promising. Albert Biermann is really doing a good job at Hyundai. Saw a video of this car on the track though. The exhaust sounds exactly like the one on the RS. It even pops and crackles. I would get this over a POS new Si. Honda killed it with the 1.5 non VTEC turbo. Sounds like poop and looks like poop imo haha.

·
Registered
407 Posts
eLSD, brake cooling ducts, electronically controlled suspension, 19" wheels. Looks very promising. The interior looks a little outdated and cheap though (only cloth seats, gross haha).

I'm very interested to see where they put this in pricing, could definitely make it competitive. Although it seems like lots of the options (larger brakes, eLSD, larger wheels) are all options. So my guess is that it will start pretty reasonable (25-26ish) but quickly put it closer to 33ish with the nicer options! We'll see.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
I know everyone on the VT forum is buzzing about it....

·
Registered
222 Posts
...but will it still have that "magic 3rd gear"? :big smile:

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Was looking into this over the weekend, I personally dig it. I've been waiting for this to happen honestly, I had a huge hunch it was coming. The VT is kind of a chump...all it needed was a few totally feasible changes and it suddenly targets our market. Being right on the edge of our market it was a matter of time, however I didn't expect them to REALLY blow it out of the park like this. Aside from the interior it's a nice car. Imagine this thing with good aftermarket support...yeah...I'd drive it.

·
Super Moderator
10,214 Posts
Reactions: Twizzty

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Was looking into this over the weekend, I personally dig it. I've been waiting for this to happen honestly, I had a huge hunch it was coming. The VT is kind of a chump...all it needed was a few totally feasible changes and it suddenly targets our market. Being right on the edge of our market it was a matter of time, however I didn't expect them to REALLY blow it out of the park like this. Aside from the interior it's a nice car. Imagine this thing with good aftermarket support...yeah...I'd drive it.
Your last sentence is the biggest issue... the VT is such a niche car the aftermarket support is very very scarce.

Reactions: brian60

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Your last sentence is the biggest issue... the VT is such a niche car the aftermarket support is very very scarce.
Yup, maybe this will wake them up a little bit!

Them = aftermarket manufacturers

1 - 20 of 38 Posts