Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question... I have the '16 FoST COBB Stage2... when I get on it it spools about 22psi and pulls hard until it reaches about 5500rpm and then all of a sudden the car jerks and completely stops pulling...kinda feels like when you over rev. I have no clue what or why this is happening. It can't be good I don't think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
If you took out your clutch pedal spring that would explain it.

Without the clutch pedal spring, the clutch pedal doesn't come all the way back up, and therefore doesn't trip the pedal sensor. The car thinks you've stepped on the clutch and so rev limits assuming you are doing flat-foot shifting.

Hope that helps,
Mark

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
If you took out your clutch pedal spring that would explain it.

Without the clutch pedal spring, the clutch pedal doesn't come all the way back up, and therefore doesn't trip the pedal sensor. The car thinks you've stepped on the clutch and so rev limits assuming you are doing flat-foot shifting.

Hope that helps,
Mark
Good thing Steeda just released a wonderful alternative to removing it :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
You didn't break yours? lol
No it was super easy, probably took about 2-3 min to install. I braced the two "pegs" on my vice (not clamping) to hold it from falling. I then took a punch from the top and gave it a light tap and it popped right out with no issues.

·
Registered
651 Posts
No it was super easy, probably took about 2-3 min to install. I braced the two "pegs" on my vice (not clamping) to hold it from falling. I then took a punch from the top and gave it a light tap and it popped right out with no issues.
See I was able to get the new spring in without an issue. I broke it trying to reinstall on the clutch pedal.. Pissed.. lol

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
See I was able to get the new spring in without an issue. I broke it trying to reinstall on the clutch pedal.. Pissed.. lol
Oh, that sucks. I had no issues all around. I think it took me longer to read the instructions then install the spring.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I heard it had something to do with the tune...and the car is for some reason trying to safe itself..nothing to do with my clutch

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
I heard it had something to do with the tune...and the car is for some reason trying to safe itself..nothing to do with my clutch

In @LMStone510 's defense...he's talking about your tune also lol. Your tune is probably programmed with flat foot shifting ability...so your tune cuts you off at that RPM so that you don't overrev your engine. If LMStone is correct, then your tune thinks that you have your clutch pressed at that rpm and it cutting you so that you don't hit rev limited when you engage the next gear. He has an extremely high chance of being correct IF you do have the clutch spring removed, so don't dismiss his suggestion.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
I haven't messed with my clutch at all

Alright then, that would have been a better response to begin with lol. Have you tried reflashing your tune to the vehicle? Perhaps it got somehow messed up and needs reset?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alright then, that would have been a better response to begin with lol. Have you tried reflashing your tune to the vehicle? Perhaps it got somehow messed up and needs reset?
I did..it's set on stage 2 93oct tune that came with it out of the box... I'm trying to research and find something to set the rev limiter higher

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
I did..it's set on stage 2 93oct tune that came with it out of the box... I'm trying to research and find something to set the rev limiter higher

I believe that limiter has to be changed by the tuner itself, but the Cobb off the shelf tunes should not limit you that low, something is wrong. Have you considered contacting Cobb? If not, then possibly a tuner such as Stratified or someone else here on the forum can give you a better, stronger, proper tune.

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
I believe that limiter has to be changed by the tuner itself, but the Cobb off the shelf tunes should not limit you that low, something is wrong. Have you considered contacting Cobb? If not, then possibly a tuner such as Stratified or someone else here on the forum can give you a better, stronger, proper tune.
wonder if he's on the wrong map in his tune

Reactions: brian60

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
wonder if he's on the wrong map in his tune
To be completely honest when setting up my accessport I only followed the video showing me how to set it up and select the map with what I have done on my car so not sure I'm in the north Florida region I'm gonna try and find an actual tuner up here maybe get it dyno'd and have someone tune it maybe they can see what's going on with it

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
To be completely honest when setting up my accessport I only followed the video showing me how to set it up and select the map with what I have done on my car so not sure I'm in the north Florida region I'm gonna try and find an actual tuner up here maybe get it dyno'd and have someone tune it maybe they can see what's going on with it

keep in mind you have 5 map slots per tune... each of those has different parameters.. you may be on the wrong slot and thats the whole issue.. I would check which map slot you are on and try another

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok thank you, I'm also gonna try and message Cobb support see what they say

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
Ok thank you, I'm also gonna try and message Cobb support see what they say

do you understand the process of changing map slots?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts