Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone out there that can explain how to replace the HPFP.
I just need to know if there is anything special that needs to happen or if its just a drop in part. I understand it runs off the exhaust cam so I need to know if these is something with timing or anything like that.

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
Is there anyone out there that can explain how to replace the HPFP.
I just need to know if there is anything special that needs to happen or if its just a drop in part. I understand it runs off the exhaust cam so I need to know if these is something with timing or anything like that.
Go to my drive and download/install this. It's a manual from Ford. It was circulating a while back and I saved it. Just make sure you read the instructions completely. It's a little wonky to install but it does work.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9w9MXngBrw0WDBuYlVnVlpod28

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ford is saying 3 hours.
I did the complete stage 3 on my car with Stratified doing the tune. If I can handle that I should be able to swap the HPFP correct?

·
Registered
917 Posts

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Not to get too off topic, but in your opinion what is the relative life expectancy of our HPFP? Not that I've gotten any indication mine is going bad, but after 83k miles I'm curious if it's something I should expect to change eventually.
Honestly bro I cant answer that. Some go quick while others last it seems a while.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Not to get too off topic, but in your opinion what is the relative life expectancy of our HPFP? Not that I've gotten any indication mine is going bad, but after 83k miles I'm curious if it's something I should expect to change eventually.
My buddies cat that went viral, name is Keebs...thanks for the laugh. Hijack over

·
Registered
2013 Oxford White Focus ST3
481 Posts
My HPFP just took a **** on me today, at 137k. Replaced it with the stock one off a blown motor in the garage.

Reactions: TurboGT
1 - 17 of 17 Posts