Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I bought a mountune intake manifold and plan on adding the fuel rail for port injection. But I’m also seeing this Xtreme Di HPFP and injector upgrade. Could I possibly run both? Looking for some information and/or advice. I’m aware that aux gives you cleaning abilities, just wanting to know if both these fuel systems can be ran simultaneously.

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,453 Posts
Ummmm, exactly what HP numbers are you shooting for here?

Reactions: W4R

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
485 Posts
over 9000.

You can definitely run all 3 with benefit, however, I am not the fueling expert and will let someone else chime in. Following... for a friend.

Reactions: Duece McCracken

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m about 380 wheel right now, but fuel has definitely become an issue. I guess I’d say I’d be happy with a little over 400 wheel, I don’t wanna push the stock internals too hard and have to rebuild before I’m ready to. I appreciate the advice thus far guys!

·
Administrator
11,556 Posts
I’m about 380 wheel right now, but fuel has definitely become an issue. I guess I’d say I’d be happy with a little over 400 wheel, I don’t wanna push the stock internals too hard and have to rebuild before I’m ready to. I appreciate the advice thus far guys!
Port injection will clean the valves, the DI pump and injectors are more expensive.

Either setup will get you into blown motor turf if you want.

What turbo are you running?

What are your goals past the 420whp?

Do you have Ethanol around?

·
Registered
2018 Focus ST3
189 Posts
If you were shooting for a very high HP goal, I suppose this could get you there.

The benefit of the HPFP and injectors is that it integrates into the OEM fuel system and is easier to tune for. The downside is that the valves don't get cleaned, and is significantly more expensive.

The benefit of aux fuel is that it keeps your calves clean. The downside is that it is extra parts (that could potentially malfunction, though not likely) being added to the existing fuel system, and a separate controller and tuning are required for it.

If your long term goal is 500+ whp, I suppose you could have the aux fuel, and have the HPFP + injectors spraying at the same level as stock, until you need the extra fuel. I would ask your tuner for advice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts