Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

First ever post so looking forward to hopefully be a big part of the forum soon! I'm looking at getting a focus ST. I was looking at the Mazda speed 3's but determined its a risky business buying a used car that's so popular to modify and frankly couldn't find one that wasn't beat up too badly. Anyway, one of the biggest things that everyone would stress on the speeds was the absolute first mod to put on was a hpfp so you dont blow your engine. After researching the focus ST, I havent seen many (if any) people stressing this as the first mod. Do these cars have sufficient fuel pumps in as stock? What would be the ideal first 3-5 mods that you would recommend. Everywhere I am seeing is AP, Intake, Exhaust, OTS tune, the ocean is yours, performance custom tune. Is this a solid path or anything else you recommend?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Guys,

First ever post so looking forward to hopefully be a big part of the forum soon! I'm looking at getting a focus ST. I was looking at the Mazda speed 3's but determined its a risky business buying a used car that's so popular to modify and frankly couldn't find one that wasn't beat up too badly. Anyway, one of the biggest things that everyone would stress on the speeds was the absolute first mod to put on was a hpfp so you dont blow your engine. After researching the focus ST, I havent seen many (if any) people stressing this as the first mod. Do these cars have sufficient fuel pumps in as stock? What would be the ideal first 3-5 mods that you would recommend. Everywhere I am seeing is AP, Intake, Exhaust, OTS tune, the ocean is yours, performance custom tune. Is this a solid path or anything else you recommend?

Thanks all!
Welcome!

The Focus ST's do not need a HPFP like the speeds do. As far as mods the path you listed is good, you can also add a RMM to help with tracktion/wheel hop. Stock intercoolers get heatsoaked very quick so a better intercooler would be a good investment for consistent runs.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Welcome!

The Focus ST's do not need a HPFP like the speeds do. As far as mods the path you listed is good, you can also add a RMM to help with tracktion/wheel hop. Stock intercoolers get heatsoaked very quick so a better intercooler would be a good investment for consistent runs.
This. The stock HPFP is good to somewhere around 350 HP w/o any assist from what I can tell.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Perfect! Thank you both for your responses. Good to know stock HPFP is good above stock HP. I'll be sure to continue posting if everything works out and I pick up an ST!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would say get the AP with a custom tune and a fmic. If you order the AP from Stratified it comes with a free tune. An intake will give you some very nice turbo noises!

·
Registered
314 Posts
apv3, rmm, fmic, intake, exhaust & dp, custom tune in that order.

·
Registered
23 Posts
apv3, rmm, fmic, intake, exhaust & dp, custom tune in that order.
An intake should be one of the last mods done if you want performance more than anything. For the price of a nice intake you could get a good tune and actually get some gains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
314 Posts
Sorry, I should I have intake or filter* easier to build and run ots tunes then once done get your custom tune

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts