Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the stalling forum has been inactive for a while. I've read through the whole thing. Just want a poll of how did you fix your 2013 ST weird idle/ stalling issue or maybe you never found a fix at all. If you used to stall when coming to a stop and you found a fix I'd like to know.

·
Registered
660 Posts
So the stalling forum has been inactive for a while. I've read through the whole thing. Just want a poll of how did you fix your 2013 ST weird idle/ stalling issue or maybe you never found a fix at all. If you used to stall when coming to a stop and you found a fix I'd like to know.
Have you had the wiring harness recall done?

Reactions: Cowlynz

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ford says my car had the harness recall done. I'm the new owner. Bought it from Nissan.
At least your 2013 fell within the recall VIN range. Mine doesn't and for the life of my I could never get a service manager to agree to do the repair. Granted it happens intermittently, but dealerships seem to never be able to reproduce it when I drop my car off.

The thing that helped the most was when I replaced the battery which performed a KAM reset. Worked well for about 3 weeks before it started fluctuating then stalling again. Some people suggested ground issues. But it isn't a silver bullet and people report the issues coming back after some time. Again, probably due to the KAM reset.

A lot of people just accept it or sell the car.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I fixed it myself or with a friend that I acknowledge is even better than me with wiring. The stock harness is full of $hit quality splices. IMO The Ford "fix" is also a $hit quality solution. Replace a low quality spice with a low quality butt end connector! A bit of solder, some heat shrink tube, friction tape, and patience goes a long way.

·
Registered
816 Posts
The dealership replaced all the splices after going to them 3 separate times to try to remedy it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SIstomper

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really appreciate all the input. It is so random I just know Nissan won't do **** . Honestly I love this car. Your input really does help relieve the buyers regret I was feeling.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Mine used to do it to a near stall with A/C on but now it doesn't do it anymore. Im pretty sure I had the wiring harness recall done when I got an oil change about a year ago, haven't noticed it much since

·
Registered
39 Posts
I fixed it myself or with a friend that I acknowledge is even better than me with wiring. The stock harness is full of $hit quality splices. IMO The Ford "fix" is also a $hit quality solution. Replace a low quality spice with a low quality butt end connector! A bit of solder, some heat shrink tube, friction tape, and patience goes a long way.
how do i know where to cut the wires?

·
Super Moderator
9,547 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,547 Posts
Will this finally fix my issue i really like this car but this problem is very very annoying
Well, I'm not a prognosticator, but it won't hurt (as long as your wire skills are descent).

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,637 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts