Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille

It’s honestly the only way to mount it on the st that even looks remotely ok imo and I’d love to just do away with it but that’s not an option for me. Any help would be appreciated

·
Super Moderator
2,825 Posts
Theres a company that sells a tow hook mount that goes onto the crash bar, then you can attach a tow hook plate to it. Totally not worth it just for a plate. Just use screws and zip ties.

you'd need the receiver, the tug shaft, and the tug plate, its $370 to do it like this

I have one of these: 2015-2018 Ford Focus ST (SNS19a)

I just offset it to the passenger side of the bumper, looks nice.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Theres a company that sells a tow hook mount that goes onto the crash bar, then you can attach a tow hook plate to it. Totally not worth it just for a plate. Just use screws and zip ties.

you'd need the receiver, the tug shaft, and the tug plate, its $370 to do it like this

I have one of these: 2015-2018 Ford Focus ST (SNS19a)

I just offset it to the passenger side of the bumper, looks nice.
I also have the sto n show one and it looks great since I need a front plate here in NJ, i have it offset to my drivers side, have had no issues with it.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
The Sto-N-Sho works great--I've had mine for 4 or 5 years. It won't be exactly where you want it, but the plate removes and reinstalls in seconds. Like @junits15 said, you can offset it a bit to the side if that's the look that you want.

Reactions: junits15

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
4,440 Posts
I find my front plate best mounted under the rear carpet above the spare tire.
Thank God they removed the front plate requirement to display in OH. I hated always having to add that to the citation. I always warned for it. Other buttholes I worked with would use it as a reason to stop.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Thank God they removed the front plate requirement to display in OH. I hated always having to add that to the citation. I always warned for it. Other buttholes I worked with would use it as a reason to stop.
Thanks for being reasonable. My st came from Kentucky, never had one installed on the bumper. I kept mine in the front windshield and only ever got a warning about it once. Was so happy to finally ditch it once and for all. Looks much better hanging on my garage wall 😃

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
7,557 Posts
Yeah on my nice cars I've never run one. I think that law was lifted, what, 2 years ago?

I'm not defacing my otherwise decent looking vehicle with a stupid looking square piece of metal.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
nope. not accurate.
Actually you're right and I'm right. tow straps and similar are strongly recommended by many driving event organizers, and not required by the track itself. Here is an example from SpeedVentures
Speed Ventures - Frequently Asked Questions (Very first bullet point)

Going off track, is never fun. Not having a way to hook up, means grabbing a suspension arm or similar and that means wrecked or damaged bumpers in many cases.
I've done a few track sponsored HPDE (Non-timed) events and all stated a hook/strap was recommended.

and most of these people never see a track.
I don't disagree.

Which brings up a 3rd point, you're tone suggests being a dick. don't be a dick.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts