Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I found a way to access them. How do you know what position the valve is in? Or do you just go until it looks to be closed.
You go buy look. A 2nd person is handy for this. I had a buddy turn the crank till I saw the valves close and then he gave it an addl 1/4 turn To make sure. You have some time between open/close, so no worries. Just don't try doing more than 1 port at a time and you'll be fine.

I don't see this being a huge issue until your car gets some mileage on it. I has 70k or so, mostly highway. If you do a lot of city driving, maybe around 50k. I fire its something I'll do 4 times throughout my ownership, based on 200k miles. I keep my cars for a while, lol.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
I used this from harbor freight. Along with the walnut media they sell. Works wonders! Just make sure to cover the rest of the engine as walnut will go everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
You guys think this process that was outlined for walnut blasting would pretty much apply for most vehicles, and not just the Focus ST?

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
You guys think this process that was outlined for walnut blasting would pretty much apply for most vehicles, and not just the Focus ST?
oh course... all vehicles that have valves that need cleaning ;)

the process isn't specific at all any engine.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hey guys I see this an older thread. But would you look at these valves. Only44k miles on them. Should I walnut blast them? Sorry for the fuzzy video. Just a cheaper bore scope camera from Menards.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hey guys I see this an older thread. But would you look at these valves. Only44k miles on them. Should I walnut blast them? Sorry for the fuzzy video. Just a cheaper bore scope camera from Menards.

Where you located?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
381 Posts
Indiana

Sorry, can't help.. in Los Angeles and have a guy that does blasting for less than $300

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
I think you should, yes.
God, if yours look like this at 44k already, I fear that mine might look the same. A bit less maybe, since I'm at 31k, but still...

41 - 51 of 51 Posts