Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have another question that might seem funny. How can I use The Anti Theft function on my Accessport V3? Is the car additionally protected after I turn this function on AP V3 and then I take AP V3 out of the car? And what should I do before I start the car again?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
since you have a stratified tune, they would have added the option to an extra slot. for instance, if you got a dual fuel tune like I did, I have 93 oct on slot one, and E30 on slot two, if I would have chose to add anti theft it would have been in slot three

to turn it on, you select the map slot that is loaded with the anti theft (slot three in my example from above). and then before you can start the car again, you will need to switch back to one of your other maps. doesn't matter if the AP3 is in the car or not, since all you need to do to switch maps is to hit the cruise control cancel button, and then set+ or set- to change slots.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have five slots nas each of them is for something different (my choice)but Anti Theft isn't there. It's where the maps are.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Flash the Cobb Anti-theft file like you would any other tune file. If the engine is then started it will quickly die; that is how the Anti-theft functions. Remove the Accessport from the car so if someone breaks in and gets the car into accessory mode, they can't​ flash another file.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Flash the Cobb Anti-theft file like you would any other tune file. If the engine is then started it will quickly die; that is how the Anti-theft functions. Remove the Accessport from the car so if someone breaks in and gets the car into accessory mode, they can't​ flash another file.[/QUO

Thanks for the information about AntiTheft. I understand that after getting back in the car I connect the Accessport and I choose the right map on the menu (the one I am using at the moment)? How long does the procedure of turning on the AntiTheft take? An how long does it take to start the right map again? How long does it take to instal the whole map?

·
Registered
477 Posts
I've only used the Anti-theft map once, and I don't remember how long it took​ to flash, but I remember thinking that I wouldn't want to flash back and forth regularly. There are a few variables in how long a flash takes, mine usually take anywhere from 45 seconds to 3 minutes.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Most usable form is to have it in a switchable map. Like described above I can switch into map 5 putting the it into Anti-theft mode. I have tested this does indeed immediately bring the engine to a halt.

Only problem is if person stealing knows about this & how to switch maps.

I have never used it either though.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
it should be noted that this really isn't much of a help to keep the car from being stolen. because of fords Passive Anti-Theft System, you need will need a chipped key to even try to start the car. without a programmed key, the car wont even try to start. so the thief would also need to steal a key of yours before this anti-theft feature could even be used. its also worth noting that even with both of those anti-theft measures, the car can still be stolen the old fasion easy way by just towing the car away where it can just be stripped for parts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts