Ford Focus ST Forum banner

How to route underglow?

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  rambleon84 
#1 ·
I got some underglow but I can’t find a way to route it through the dash into my cigarette adaptor. I know how to route through the engine baby into the battery but I’d prefer if I could route it into my car. I spent an hour trying to figure it out and couldn’t find anything. Google didn’t show anything either. Has anyone done it before?

#2 ·
Step 1: stop ricing. Step 2: there's a grommet in the passenger footwell you can punch through if you're really that set on going into the cabin, but I gotta ask, why? Using the cigarette lighter creates alot of extra work and is guaranteed to have cables hanging around unpleasantly.

#3 · (Edited)
There are fused female 12v/cigarette taps that add a second barrel, can have it all hardwired behind plastic as a "clean tap"

#4 ·
I'd do an add a fuse, piggy back off a switched power source and run that to a switch to turn the lights on or off. Spend a few more minutes doing some research and cleanly mount and install everything. You can look up some hardwiring of cameras for some easy examples on adding fused power

#9 ·
If you go this route, get a fused version of the example I quickly linked above

Reactions: Jackk17
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.